Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Fabric Contest FINALE -- WINNERS ON PAGE 15

This thread kind of sprang from another. Post a picture of your ugliest fabric here. Everyone will vote and the winner will receive one yard of fabric.

Edit: DreamXer did a wonderful job getting all the photos together! Here's the link to look at all the fabrics. Just post your vote on this thread.

http://web.mac.com/pcichuttekandjvos/Quilting_Board_Ugly_Fabric/Photos.html

OOO I will play this one too. But have to wait until tomorrow so I can dig stuff out. getting to late for that kind of stuff tonight.

Ok, I'll go 1st, here's mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, fabric number 1 is gorgeous!!! but, uhm, what were you thinking when you bought fabric number 2??? lol lol, but even number 2 is rather cute :)

Oh I can't wait to dig mine out so I'll post it tomorrow after I find the hidious stuff...haha...and by the way the first one was kind of pretty I thought....

Sewnsewer, Fabric #2 is great! I'd cut out the wording between the blocks, put in a colorful sash, and call it a baby quilt ready for a gifting! I can't wait to post my uglys. . .

Blog Entries
    Here is my ugly fabric made into a small quilt. The fabric came to me as a fat quarters set so at least the colours match!

I finished binding this quilt on the weekend at a women's retreat. The women agreed with me that not only is the fabric ugly but it doesn't feel nice to touch. I took a better picture of the quilt.

I have been reading this message board for quite a while and thought about joining but never did. The ugly quilt contest was something I couldn't resist. A few years ago our quilt guild held an ugly fabric contest where everyone brought in a piece of their ugliest fabric. Then members voted on whose was the ugliest. That person won all the fabrics and had to make a quilt out of them. I won and here is the quilt I made. The only fabric I added was the background for the stars.

Sorry quiltadict, but I have one much uglier than yours. Can't wait until I get home to my own computer to show you. I actually like the stars.

I have some really ugly fabric I got from a bulk purchase. It has dandalines, a light ugly brn kind of as looking color. It is so awful I do not want to even put it in a charity quilt. What to do with it??? I am going to start posting pictures a friend is going to help me. You really need to see this!!!!
    Yuk yuk!!!

Blog Entries
    I'v have to dig it out. If I have not got rid of it yet. By the way hi quiltaddict from Mass. And all of the fabrics are not ugly.Yet.

sounds like fun, I need to dig mine out.

Quiltaddict,

Those fabrics may be ugly by themselves but have been put together to make a very nice quilt... that happens so often. I'll have to look for my ugly material too.

Quiltaddict, some of those fabrics truly are ugly but you've done a fabulous job of putting them together into a lovely quilt! Great job...was it difficult to work on? I find it really tough to work on something I don't like.

I don't think I have any fabric worthy enough to be entered in this contest, but I'll do some stash diving to make sure. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

Okay these don't seem ugly? Different, sure... But ugly? I like the blue and of course the Madagascar fabric would be a great kids quilt. I'll get my ugly fabric out and post it! :D

Ok here is the ugly now...I have no idea what my mind frame was when I bought this back in the day but to me this is just ugly ugly ugly....

you can fix this ugly- fussy cut the flowers and fish, etc. and make it into different quilts. Viola! Pretty fabric!

I'll dig out my ugly quilt when I go home- it's still languishing- waiting for the inspiration that will take it from an ugly duckling into a swan.

Barb

one thing I do notice is sometimes ugly fabric makes a pretty qulit after all...I happen to like the stars quilt and think it looks rather pretty so maybe there is hope for the ugly fish pattern...haha...hard to believe I said that but I might just try it someday...I held onto this ugly because just like pictures I can't bring myself to throw out fabric it goes against my whole being...lol

I don't think it is ugly either, I think the quilt is pretty.

This is really harder than I expected! I have a whole tote full of YUKs but going through them I kept finding some small redeeming quality in them, go figure! Anyway this is what I came up with.

I never buy ugly fabric......LOL. Will look through my stash - I am sure I have something. Is the prize of 1 yard of ugly too?????????

Looking good, quilters! The prize is pretty fabric! Well, I'll think so anyway! LOL!

I want to play Have to go upstairs and take fabric out of hiding. lol

I liked the first two, especially the Madagascar one. It will make a cute kids quilt.

I also am going to have to go thru my fabric stash and see what I have. I know I have some nasty things that have accumulated!

I'm in!

This fabric was purchased by my husband. I sent him to the store to buy "tropical botanical prints" and that's what he same home with. When he found out what I wanted the photo for he tried to be offended, but when we were looking at it he said "it's really ugly...

So for your viewing punishment, jk!

My Ugly Fabric Entry!
    Name:  Attachment-14527.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  95.6 KB

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast