Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending

Your quilt is so pretty. The lst girl has no idea what she missed out on. So glad you did find a loving home for your quilt. What a happy ending. (Maybe you could get the wedding quilt back from her too.)

I love it!!! It's adorable!! And yes, it was meant to be with this young lady.....I have a friend that would much rather have a hand-crafted gift than some expensive gift...She truly appreciates the craft that goes into making quilts, purses, ect....With the tears, sounds like this young lady does too....Hugzzzz to you both....

Blog Entries
    So glad your quilt found it's forever home with someone who will love it and cherish it.

Power Poster
    That quilt would have looked great with a jungle theme nursery. I love it! It did find a better home to go to. I chuckled about your quilt not matching her nursery theme...wait 'til her nursery is decorated with snot, vomit, and diaper surprises. She has a rude awakening coming up. :lol:

That quilt is wonderful. I would have been honored to get it! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    How wonderful that your quilt found it's true home with a loving family.

Quote Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    Her mother should hang her head in shame too, she raised her.
    Child may be a jerk but I don't think you can blame the mother out of hand.
    I know a family with three children. Two are very polite the but the third is very rude. Whose fault? By the time you're old enough to have a shower & get married, you're old enough to be responsible for your own behavior. That bride-to-be could stand to learn some public relation skills that's for sure. Hopefully she will.

That quilt is wonderful. I would have been honored to get it! :thumbup:

I am sooo happy this quilt found its rightful home!!! It is precious and you were absolutely right not to give a second gift to the first recipient. What a rude young lady!!! My mother-in-law would have said that she didn't understand the "eternal fitness" of things.

I love your quilt--I have made that same one several times, in different colors. I am so shocked that anyone would react that way!! I agree, don't blame the mother!! My SIL loves the things I make--her daughter--not so much!! I'm so glad your quilt found a good home and is appreciated!! I think that is everyone's biggest fear when we pour our heart and soul into our work!!

Blog Entries
    that was a very neat baby quilt so don't know why any one wouldn't be glad to get it.

Blog Entries
    I had that happen to me with my first DIL. She new and saw the quilt I was making for baby, and then she went out and bought very expensive nursery decor and quilt. She did like the quilt, just wanted her own idea used in her home. So, I kept it at my house, and as it turned out, my DGD slept here more than she did at home for the first 2 years, so that was the quilt that has meaning to her now. I'm glad it worked out that way , the store ought is long gone, but her special quilt is here and waiting until she becomes a mother.

Adorable quilt! She missed out!

I'm at a loss for words. Snotty is not the word I was thinking. Some day when she grows up, she'll wish she had that quilt that you made, I still have the hand made quilts that others made for me for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    That quilt would have looked great with a jungle theme nursery. I love it! It did find a better home to go to. I chuckled about your quilt not matching her nursery theme...wait 'til her nursery is decorated with snot, vomit, and diaper surprises. She has a rude awakening coming up. :lol:
    lol - so true!
    love the label. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    So true, so true! Any themes sort of disappear gradually in the flotsam and jetsam of childhood! And kids have their own likes! My Mom made my children a scrappy napping quilt backed in fluorescent red velour. It didn't match anything in our home, but boy did our kids love it!
    Quilterella - your quilt is charming and cheerful and any child would love it. And any Mom should love it! That first young woman has a lot to learn in life. Someone else on here (i could not find the topic) had a remarkably similar story with a baby shower, a jungle quilt and a recipient who only said "Oh." Only I think I recall her adorable quilt stayed with the unappreciative recipient. So glad you had the fortitude to ask for it back and that you found the right person to appreciate it!

What an idiot - she certainly didn't deserve your quilt. It's beautiful and I'm so glad the new recipient loved it. You did a great job.

Blog Entries
    Sweet quilt, and I'm glad you found the perfect home for it.

I'm glad you found a home for your beautiful quilt. Som people can be so ungreatful.

Like the happy ending.

Blog Entries
    I think the quilt is very cute. I'm glad it has a home.

Definitly where that quilt was meant to be.

PS - kids outgrow their nursery stuff so fast, I have just gone with mix and match for my kiddos. If nothing matches than everything goes together. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kkimberlee
    Definitly where that quilt was meant to be.

PS - kids outgrow their nursery stuff so fast, I have just gone with mix and match for my kiddos. If nothing matches than everything goes together. ;-)
    Very good advice! When the time comes for future grands, I hope I can remember to share it with my kids.

I LOVE the happy ending and the quilt is gorgeous!! Glad you got it back and it went to a loving home!!! :-)

The quilt is so adorable. I don't go to showers for this very reason. She was very rude to you. I feel very bad for you. I probably would have lost my temper. loves_2_quilt is right. It went to the better person.

Sounds like Miss SNOT has never learned to be grateful and was coddled all her life to get just what she wanted.

Sounds like Miss Grateful was very grateful and appreciates what people do for her. Know which one I would want for a friend!!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast