Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 95

Thread: Watercolour Quilt peek

  1. #1
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    I am nearly ready to start quilting which I will attempt on my machine (not looking forward to that bit), had to get going on this as grandŽdaughter waiting patiently for it. This is AlyssaŽs Quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Super Member Katrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,815
    Beautiful - composition and colours wonderful -how are you going to quilt?

  3. #3
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,683
    Oh that is soooo pretty put together! Great job on it! :D

  4. #4
    Senior Member sewaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    902
    Your Grand daughter will love it.

  5. #5
    Super Member Dawn Hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    1,661
    WOW.. fabulouse JOb!!!!

  6. #6
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine
    Beautiful - composition and colours wonderful -how are you going to quilt?
    Not a clue, not very good at that side of things, need some help Any suggestions?

  7. #7
    Super Member Katrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,815
    I am sure there will be better ideas than mine, but what about some hearts between the panel and the applique, like one biggish one in each of the 4 corners, fill in with some small meandering hearts. Then you could do some echo-ing following the outside edge of the applique between there and the edge. Just an idea.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,413
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your granddaughter will adore it.

  9. #9
    Super Member Quilt4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    9,035
    Blog Entries
    1
    Beautiful.

  10. #10
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine
    I am sure there will be better ideas than mine, but what about some hearts between the panel and the applique, like one biggish one in each of the 4 corners, fill in with some small meandering hearts. Then you could do some echo-ing following the outside edge of the applique between there and the edge. Just an idea.
    Love your idea, but don`t think I am up to that standard on the machine, possible hand sewing would be okay but havenŽt got the time to do that.

    Elle

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    That is just lovely--watercolor is one of my favorites, but I find it challenging. You did a beautiful job!

  12. #12
    Super Member Sharon M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,266
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love the watercolor quilts they look like beautiful paintings. The color and design are striking, your granddaughter will treasure it always.
    Can't wait to see it quilted :thumbup:

  13. #13
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Elle, I LOVE what you did with the outside border and applique..Its funny..I immediately thought..I'd do a cross-hatch (with my walking foot) on the applique border all the way around then...hmmm...let me think about the watercolor block...you definetly don't want to take away from the impact of that beauty!

    Yup...went back and looked again..I'm not sure that I wouldn't do a cross hatch over the entire quilt! Whatever you choose..it will be lovely I know..can't wait to see!

  14. #14
    Super Member Marcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,559
    Your watercolor heart is so beautiful!!! Your granddaughter is going to love her quilt :D

  15. #15
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Beautiful!!
    Awesome!
    If granddaughter doesn't like it, send it to me! :) :)

  16. #16
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Beautiful!!
    Awesome!
    If granddaughter doesn't like it, send it to me! :) :)
    Think you wonŽt get a look in, she has been asking about it bless

    Elle :D

  17. #17
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Oh well.....maybe she won't really like it when it's completely finished. Then you can send to me. lol

    Did you use the iron on stuff? It's sort of like wonder under, but only "sticky" on one side. You put the blocks on the grid, then iron it.

  18. #18
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Yes I did, its called fusible something or other LOL Its very fine though and liable to tear, think any other time I will use steam a seam lite. Trouble is the squares on the fusible are kinda handy to work with.

    My next one will be a wall hanging and its got loads of fiddly bits in it its called Jade Birds and I got it from Whims.

  19. #19
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Yes I did, its called fusible something or other LOL Its very fine though and liable to tear, think any other time I will use steam a seam lite. Trouble is the squares on the fusible are kinda handy to work with.

    My next one will be a wall hanging and its got loads of fiddly bits in it its called Jade Birds and I got it from Whims.
    I have some of the stuff for the watercolors quilts. I had someone on the board get it for me. Then, I found more. I have a package about ready to head your way. I'll tuck some in there for you. :) It's not that easy to rip, doesn't sound like the stuff you have, but then again, maybe....

  20. #20
    all4quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Shelley, ID, USA
    Posts
    350
    Beautful quilt! Lucky girl!
    Susan

  21. #21
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Elle,
    This watercolor quilt is beautiful.
    Question :
    what has become of the Batik quilt you
    were working on?

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    GORGEOUS... Is that done on this paper stuff with squares and you put fabric on the squares and sew it? Ok I know I didn't say it right. I saw it done on QIAD and thought how cool is that

  23. #23
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,753
    Another great work by Elle!

  24. #24
    mgshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,079
    Its beautiful Elle!!!!!Love the swag!!!!

  25. #25
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Yes I did, its called fusible something or other LOL Its very fine though and liable to tear, think any other time I will use steam a seam lite. Trouble is the squares on the fusible are kinda handy to work with.

    My next one will be a wall hanging and its got loads of fiddly bits in it its called Jade Birds and I got it from Whims.
    I have some of the stuff for the watercolors quilts. I had someone on the board get it for me. Then, I found more. I have a package about ready to head your way. I'll tuck some in there for you. :) It's not that easy to rip, doesn't sound like the stuff you have, but then again, maybe....
    That would be really great Terri, Thanks so much You are a STAR :thumbup:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.