Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: What a pain.

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Daytona Beach Shores, FL
    Posts
    2,355
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just finished this quilt after three long months of hand quilting. The Pattern is God's Eye from the Constantine site. It went together easy enough, but I didn't like the way the background fabric looked after it was together so I thought, I'll just quilt lines across it and I did 1/4 lines. Midway, I realized I had put a couple pieces in wrong so I had to take them out in the middle of the quilt and replace it. Not fun. It turned out OK, not my favorite color choice but it was a request from the person I made it for. I should have done some feathers or something because the lines were so boring to do. But it is done!!! Amen!
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Super Member b.zang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,956
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hand quilting always impresses me. Thanks for the close-up.
    I can see why the lines would be boring, but you hung in there and created a real treasure.

  3. #3
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    I think you did a great job!

  4. #4
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,215
    Wow, all that handquilting, what a job! Beautiful quilt!

  5. #5
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    I to am impressed with all the hand quilting!! It's beautiful~!

  6. #6
    Super Member alaskasunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    2,006
    your quilt is beautiful. how impressive to have hand quilted it :!: :shock: :thumbup:

    you did a gorgeous job!

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Daytona Beach Shores, FL
    Posts
    2,355
    Blog Entries
    1
    It twas dull but I thought maybe the lines in the fabric called for it, now I'm thinking I was nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Hand quilting always impresses me. Thanks for the close-up.
    I can see why the lines would be boring, but you hung in there and created a real treasure.

  8. #8
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    [quote=JCL in FL] now I'm thinking I was nutty.

    Thanks for giving me a laugh! We've all been nutso at one point or another in our lives!! The main thing your quilt taught you was perseverence and it paid off!! It's very impressive and that's better than anything whether nutso or not!!

    :thumbup: :thumbup:

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forest Grove,OR
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like the quilt, you did a beautiful job on it. thank you for sharing. Penny

  10. #10
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,972
    wow, handquilting. People who handquilt are awesome like nurses. I could never do it, but i sure am glad someone does. It is simply amazing to me that someone has that patience. My husband always gets as close as he can at quilt shows and just stares at the handquilted ones. Funny big burly guy dressed in camo at a quilt show. :)
    You should get a medal! Looks great.

  11. #11
    Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,039
    What a pretty quilt! I think the colors work.

  12. #12
    Super Member rootyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    9,690
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great, great job!

  13. #13
    Super Member MollieSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,555
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am so impressed with your hand quilting!! Such beautiful work, and you have the patience I can only dream of.
    :) :)

  14. #14
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,712
    Blog Entries
    1
    Absolutely beautiful and great job hand quilting all those lines.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    I think it looks beautiful and I give you serious kudos for sticking it out :)

  16. #16
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    Wow, hand quilted @1/4" you are ambitious, I wouldn't have the patience

  17. #17
    Senior Member Bailey's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    903
    You did a fablous job and so much love was put into all of that quilting!!!!

  18. #18
    Super Member LindaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,943
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    It twas dull but I thought maybe the lines in the fabric called for it, now I'm thinking I was nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Hand quilting always impresses me. Thanks for the close-up.
    I can see why the lines would be boring, but you hung in there and created a real treasure.
    whats your secret from getting a sore left finger...mine is so sore and scarred and I'm only half done with quilt...I've tried the spoon, plastic sticky things and new skin...can only do it about a half hour at a time

  19. #19
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    It twas dull but I thought maybe the lines in the fabric called for it, now I'm thinking I was nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Hand quilting always impresses me. Thanks for the close-up.
    I can see why the lines would be boring, but you hung in there and created a real treasure.
    whats your secret from getting a sore left finger...mine is so sore and scarred and I'm only half done with quilt...I've tried the spoon, plastic sticky things and new skin...can only do it about a half hour at a time
    Have you tried to paint your finger with several coats of clear nail polish? Or several coats of liquid bandaids? Just a thought. n2.

    :D :D

  20. #20
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    15,920
    Blog Entries
    2
    i happen to love that block. great quilt and a lot of work!

  21. #21
    Super Member LindaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,943
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    It twas dull but I thought maybe the lines in the fabric called for it, now I'm thinking I was nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Hand quilting always impresses me. Thanks for the close-up.
    I can see why the lines would be boring, but you hung in there and created a real treasure.
    whats your secret from getting a sore left finger...mine is so sore and scarred and I'm only half done with quilt...I've tried the spoon, plastic sticky things and new skin...can only do it about a half hour at a time
    haven't tried nail polish, will, the new ski is liquid bandage but doesn't protect all that good...nail polish would be thicker, thanks

    Have you tried to paint your finger with several coats of clear nail polish? Or several coats of liquid bandaids? Just a thought. n2.

    :D :D

  22. #22
    Super Member LoisN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    Wow, hand quilted @1/4" you are ambitious, I wouldn't have the patience
    ditto. That would have taken me 20 years of hand-quilting. Congrats to you. It looks amazing.
    Lois

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,393
    Very pretty. And I'm sure very time consuming. :thumbup:

  24. #24
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,906
    Pretty and you did a very good job.

  25. #25
    Senior Member QuiltMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    826
    I like the lines. I think it gives it a feel like a woven Navajo rug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.