Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the messiest sewing area?

I just couldn't resist taking a picture of my sewing area this morning after seeing all the nice quilting studios. I am working on Christmas gifts; covering journals, quilted ornaments, bow tuck purses and piecing for a quilt. I can't seem to catch up long enough to put everything away and have a nice clean area to show you. Maybe after Christmas :?:

Messy sewing area.
    Name:  Attachment-120139.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  25.7 KB

You win!!!!!!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Mine looks the same :lol:

my room is small......but there's stuff all over the floor..

I think I still win. Mine is far more out of control than yours - even on a good day! It is over stuffed, there is no floor except around the sewing machine (yes, I am going to remedy that and soon) and it is just a disaster zone. Yours looks like a showroom compared to mine right now...

I didn't sleep last night and will not be good for much of anything later on today so I might just iron and ruler fold some fabric, get it put away and start to organize a bit. It really needs to be done. It is in such bad shape that I don't even like going in there so it's time - past time - for a good cleaning.

I'll take pictures when I'm done. I'm too embarrassed to post the before shots!

Blog Entries
    I do find it a challege to keep my clean. I pack up every thing in a large walk in closet. I am too tired to do it at night so I do it every morning when I wake up.

Mary,
    As a man who loves his quilting and fabric I must say that while you sewing room in need of a transformation mine I feel would make yours look beautiful. I have so much fabric (over 8000 yards stack floor to ceiling in tubs and on the floor itself. I am always working on at least a dozen projects at a time and God help anyone who goes in there to straighten up for me. My wife doesn't understand how I know where something is when I need a fabric for a quilt project. Someday I will grace the message board with a photo (after I clean up the room, HAHA)

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    You have me beat! I thought my little area was a mess but I have changed my mind. LOL!

I am sorry lizzy but I take back what I said. I walked into the livingroom and I swear someone made this mess over night. I don't recall it looking this this when I went to bed last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I to am to embarrassed to show my room I have such a small room there is a bed in there somewhere under all the mess, and I to only have enough room to walk from the door to the machine the floor looks like a bomb hit it, the kittens got in there and I couldn't find them for a week, only kidding :lol: but they did get in and anything that was up is now down, they had a ball playng with anything that could fall down and hit the floor.
    I do try to keep them out but hubby often stands at the door to talk to me and leaves the door open,

oh my, I thought I was the only messy! I am a messy sewer too! I have a path right now to my machine, I keep the door shut. Too busy making stuff for a craft show to clean up! And I am always losing stuff, always looking for my seam ripper!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not showing mine, a single picture couldn't capture the mess! Someday I will admit that my old dream of having a Library is dead and that I really should empty some of the bookshelves for fabric instead of piling it here, there, everywhere - but I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Ok...Mine isn't that bad. At the moment. And only because I'm quilting my current project so I cleaned up all the odds and ends from that one. LOL When I'm in the middle of something, I barely have a free space big enough to put my coffee cup...and if I do have the space, I'm afraid to put it there in case it spills and I get coffee all over everything!

For the most part, I do one project at a time, but I will stick some little projects in the middle of a large one, but make myself finish those little projects before moving on. During this quilt, I've made a set of oven mitts, four purses and four plush blocks. LOL In the middle of the four purses, my sewing area was such a disaster, I could hardly stand to go down there! LOL

Blog Entries
    I started cutting all my scraps yesterday on the Go machine...I ended up getting an entire bag of scraps into shapes...marking them and putting into small sandwich bags...Wow what a space saver and now I have shapes ready to sew for projects.

My sewing "area" is in my bedroom, so it's usually always piled with stuff.... but I do have to keep it relatively tidy because I can't sleep if I don't.

BUT If I did have my very own sewing room again I KNOW it would be a disaster zone all the time!

Blog Entries
    Ok now I do not feel so bad After seeing some of the pics on here. My room is a disaster!!! to top it all off I have spread to the kitchen table as well! lol..

Mine may have won a month ago. But I cleaned it up now it is pretty good. I know the feeling though.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh you two ladies are champs for posting your sewing areas. The rest of us are too chicken!

All my fabric is packed away in covered boxes except for one pile. Books and patterns and paper are the things that seem to multiply and sit in piles all around. My computer desk is almost buried in paper piles. I guess I'm interested in too many different things at one time.

Oh well. As long as you can work on your projects. That is what matters. Enjoy!

elsieirene

Blog Entries
    Me! and i ain't showin it!!!

I don't understand the question. Don't you need just a path to the machine and ironing board? Sorry, I see no problem. :)

We'll have to make this a contest. LOL I'll have to go take some pictures and post. It'll have to be more than 1 picture though. What does the winner get? LOL

Way to go!!! I just got mine and this gives me ideas. Thanks.

whewwwwwww... I'm so glad I'm not the only one on the board that has a sewing room that looks like it has been in an earth quake ;) what a relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I think I still win. Mine is far more out of control than yours - even on a good day! It is over stuffed, there is no floor except around the sewing machine (yes, I am going to remedy that and soon) and it is just a disaster zone. Yours looks like a showroom compared to mine right now...

I didn't sleep last night and will not be good for much of anything later on today so I might just iron and ruler fold some fabric, get it put away and start to organize a bit. It really needs to be done. It is in such bad shape that I don't even like going in there so it's time - past time - for a good cleaning.

I'll take pictures when I'm done. I'm too embarrassed to post the before shots!
    Your room sounds like mine, lol. It didn't help that DH and I ended up with a smaller house, rather than the larger one we were hoping to find, when we bought our horse property. I need a room about twice the size of the one I have, and hope to convert the garage one day, but it probably won't happen any time soon.

At the moment, my fabric is stuffed into my sewing room and I am sewing in the dining room, lol.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast