Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: You think Your Crazy... Look at my Dog Ear Collections~

>>Kx Your not the only crazy quilter there is<<

I started collecting these years ago, 99.9% are from quilts I made but a few a very few are from Whimpy All Nighters~ :roll: WHAT CAN I SAY :?:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would have the most fun with my Crazy Quilt! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Gosh..........you scared me with that title. I was hoping they would be ceramic, but this is better.

That is really neat!

Ninnie

What are you planning to do with them?

Those look awfully small! I have seen snippets used with fusible webbing. Then oversewn with lots of threadwork! Definitely an art quilt!
    We are definitely anal and totally obsessed! :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thats just a few dog ears...lol. What are you going to do with them???

My question is - CAN something be done with them? Pretty jar though. And another question, "Why would you want to do anything with them????" Wouldn't that take a very long time to sew them together?

I saw a show that they used small pieces like that to do a watercolor wallhanging. Don't remeber how it was done! But it looked good.
    Maybe something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    What are you planning to do with them?
    I just have this jar sitting on my embroidery machine table looking decorative. :lol: I've had these for years..... Everybody thought I was absolutely nuts.... :?

You could always use them for confetti at your next party ;) ;)

You could make a Chaos quilt out of them.

I don't think your crazy, I wish I had those for myself. I am working on a quilt made entirely of the little bits of fabric that you use to sew onto & off of when doing pieceing. I don't throw anything away!!! I also have another with snippets I put under tulle then quilted to make blocks. You would be surprised what you can make a quilt block out of,...and I also keep many clear jars around with bits of fabric THEY LOOK PRETTY.

you could do like a shadow trapunto quilt and put them under organza and quilt the snot out of them.

Izy
    You can sandwich them between two sheets of water disolvable stabiliser and free motion quilt using all your fancy threads, then wash most of the stabiliser out and drape it it over a fancy dish to dry and create something totally unique :wink: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    You can sandwich them between two sheets of water disolvable stabiliser and free motion quilt using all your fancy threads, then wash most of the stabiliser out and drape it it over a fancy dish to dry and create something totally unique :wink: :D
    That sounds like fun!! Fabric cups!

What great ideas everyone has. I just was thinking how pretty they looked in the jar. Silly me. :oops:

That's a great idea, Izy.

At your next party you could play "Guess how many dog ears...."

Yikes!!! I wouldn't want to be the one that counts them all!!!!! LOL!!!!

Blog Entries
    If there is not any stitching on them, you can throw some in an old craft blender with water and pulse them into a pulp. 1/4 cup snippets and fill the blender up 2/3 full of water. Find cookie cutters with the tops open, lay them on paper towels and smash the pulp into them. When the cookie cutter is full and the pulp smashed down well, push a sponge down on it and then squeeze the water out of it, repeat until you get most all of the water out. Carefully remove it from the cookie cutter and let air dry. I made these and poked holes into the tops of them when they were dry and glued ribbon into them and they were cute hanging off of bookmarks. I used small cookie cutters for them, larger ones kids can make, decorate and have Christmas ornaments. You could also string them together for a garland. This works for making "fabric" paper too. Blue jean fabric works even better for this, just have to cut it as small as these snippets first.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    If there is not any stitching on them, you can throw some in an old craft blender with water and pulse them into a pulp. 1/4 cup snippets and fill the blender up 2/3 full of water. Find cookie cutters with the tops open, lay them on paper towels and smash the pulp into them. When the cookie cutter is full and the pulp smashed down well, push a sponge down on it and then squeeze the water out of it, repeat until you get most all of the water out. Carefully remove it from the cookie cutter and let air dry. I made these and poked holes into the tops of them when they were dry and glued ribbon into them and they were cute hanging off of bookmarks. I used small cookie cutters for them, larger ones kids can make, decorate and have Christmas ornaments. You could also string them together for a garland. This works for making "fabric" paper too. Blue jean fabric works even better for this, just have to cut it as small as these snippets first.
    What a great idea!! (I think I might have a blender in my kitchen -- will have to ask hubby :oops: :lol: )

Crissie--I love your jar of snippits and I would not do anything with them. They are such fun eye candy just like they are. :D