Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   GFG kit ready for travel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gfg-kit-ready-travel-t107104.html)

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 10:10 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Ok, the IMPORTANT packing is done for my trip tomorrow!!! What fun I had doing this!! The 3 tier tote snaps together with a top carrying handle. Got it at Joann's 50% off. The clear colored pouch is where the completed hex's go. It was only a couple of dollars at Joann's. All the paper hex's were cut from scrap paper-the subsciption inserts from magazines I have been saving-figuring that I MIGHT find a use for them! I have wound bobbins with different color thread for piecing so I didn't have to take whole spools and put them in a locking pill box, $1.99 at Joann's, and I have a few suggested (by board members-thank you-) thread cutting tools what SHOULD be allowed by the airlines. I'm set!! Now, I guess I should give some thought to what I will pack in the suitcases--

litacats 03-12-2011 10:14 AM

what a great idea. now that the important things are packed you can concentrate on what is left. Have fun.

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 10:29 AM

Yes, I guess I should tear myself away from the computer and start laundry and packing. DH does all the packing actually, I just get out what I want and put it on the bed-it's his job to make it fit!!! All I worry about is my carry-on, which is a couple of quilting magazines I bought a couple days ago (and made him take them so I wouldn't read them before I left!) and my GFG kit and my pillow!! I have my priorities!!!

Airwick156 03-12-2011 11:09 AM

Hehe. We are hoping to one day in the next year or two to take a train from Oregon to Georgia. And if we do get to do it, I want to take my sewing machine because it is a 4 day trip on the train...only thing is I don't know if I would be able to use it on a train. But it sure would make the 4 days go by faster. lol

Gramie bj 03-12-2011 12:05 PM

Airwick156 I took a train trip from here to Detroit a couple of years ago would not advise trying to use machine while on train it sways too much. I had a hard time just walking to the dinning car. Hand work was ok.

Blue's quilting mama 03-12-2011 12:23 PM

Have fun on your trip...and I trust you will be able to work on your project during the long flight. Sure will make the time go faster! Make sure you keep your legs and feet exercised, so there won't be any threat of blood clots forming. (That's the nurse in me coming out.)

CarrieAnne 03-12-2011 12:33 PM

Have a grea trip!!!!!!!

bigdogmom 03-12-2011 12:55 PM

It's always good to have a road trip project. I did alot of piecing for my GFG while riding in the car. Now I have a tiny tote with tumbler shapes in Civil War fabrics making a charm quilt. Have a wonderful trip and show us your progress!

Quiltforme 03-12-2011 02:16 PM

I love the 3 tiered boxes I use them all the time. i have the large square ones too. What a wonderful idea to create a travel kit!!!

Vanessa17 03-12-2011 02:18 PM

OMG you are so organized- I love it!