Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Great Aunt is a Hoot -- Update on Page 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-great-aunt-hoot-update-page-2-a-t110462.html)

pamkasperi 03-24-2011 10:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My 85 year old great aunt and I renewed our relationship last year. She was the school teacher aunt when I was growing up and very prime and proper. I still loved her - she was an art teacher and we always got these cool crafts and art stuff for Christmas.

She and I periodically write letters. She has internet but one day she mentioned that she loves "getting mail...letters to be exact...seems like all I ever get are bills and magazines".

So I sat down and wrote her a letter. I knew because she was a teacher I had to be careful and let me tell you my hand really hurt when I was done - correct cursive writting is hard when you don't do it everyday - but I remembered how.

Well 2 weekends ago was her birthday and I missed it - we were out of town and I just wasn't thinking. So I sent her the quilt below - it shows it was delivered 8 days ago (I sent priority mail and insured it).

I've heard nothing from her - no letter; no email; no phone call nothing!

So should I just live and know she got it because she signed for it or should I call?

craftybear 03-24-2011 10:31 PM

call her as it might of been delivered to wrong address

crafty_linda_b 03-24-2011 10:34 PM

Pam is there anyone who lives close to her that you could call and ask? Maybe she's not well or in the hospital?

Quiltforme 03-24-2011 10:34 PM

Call to be sure and she may just be sending a thank you note in the mail.

Murphy 03-24-2011 10:35 PM

I would call and say something like "I/we was/were out of town on your birthday and I just wanted to be sure the package I sent arrived". Then it is up to her. Don't let any more time go by (smile).

cctx. 03-24-2011 10:36 PM

I think the Postal Service is running behind again.
It sure is Beautiful and I am pretty sure when she receives her lovely gift she will respond.

CountryCat 03-24-2011 10:37 PM

I would give her a while longer to respond. Perhaps she's not feeling well & will contact you when she gets better. OR maybe she was blown away by the quilt & is trying to create an awesome thank you note that is just as cool.

Sew Krazy Girl 03-24-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
I would call and say something like "I/we was/were out of town on your birthday and I just wanted to be sure the package I sent arrived". Then it is up to her. Don't let any more time go by (smile).

Ditto!

luvTooQuilt 03-24-2011 10:39 PM

Call in a week if you dont hear back.. If anything to just check up on her..

sandilee 03-24-2011 11:36 PM

Today there was a huge box on our front porch from "Bed Bath and Beyond". I didn't order anything from there.
Checked the address label and it was meant for a neighbor 5 doors down...419 not 409. Yeah, delivery people make mistakes, also!
I, being honest, took it down to the correct person.

Maybe the package did get delivered to the wrong address.

Also, she is 85. Maybe shes getting forgetful?