Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think I scared the mail lady. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-i-scared-mail-lady-t112925.html)

sahm4605 04-02-2011 11:31 AM

On thursday i ordered some fabric online and it was going in the mail that day the shop owner said. Well Today being saturday I thought it might have made it. well I was heading out to wally world to pick up some pics for a project. I saw the mail lady at the end of my street, (she hadn't gotten to my house yet) and I decided to ask if it had come in the mail yet. She was shocked to see me. But was really nice about it.
Am I the only one out there that has "hunted" down a mail carrier to see if a package has come yet? Or am I the freak that my hubby thinks I am? :mrgreen: I know that I am a little "wierd" but have I gone over the deep end?

M.E.H. 04-02-2011 11:35 AM

Well if you are STRANGE then so am I. Last year I went looking for the UPS person. We all had a good laugh about it. :D

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 12:46 PM

When I'm waiting for fabric I get very strange lol :D

mtnative 04-02-2011 12:53 PM

I haven't hunted down the mail carrier for a package, but just a couple of months ago I asked him where the quilt shop was. He told me which house (it's in a basment of a home)it was. So nice.

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 12:56 PM

I hunted down the FedEx driver once. He was happy that I made the effort so he didn't have to make a return trip to my house.

fabric lover 04-02-2011 12:57 PM

I once opened the door before the post woman could ring the bell, only to be told she could have easily put the envelop in the mailbox.(which is at the door in Holland) The parcel I saw was for the neighbours LOL.
Luckily we have a very nice post woman .

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
On thursday i ordered some fabric online and it was going in the mail that day the shop owner said. Well Today being saturday I thought it might have made it. well I was heading out to wally world to pick up some pics for a project. I saw the mail lady at the end of my street, (she hadn't gotten to my house yet) and I decided to ask if it had come in the mail yet. She was shocked to see me. But was really nice about it.
Am I the only one out there that has "hunted" down a mail carrier to see if a package has come yet? Or am I the freak that my hubby thinks I am? :mrgreen: I know that I am a little "wierd" but have I gone over the deep end?

Well, did you? Did you?? You left me hanging there. :lol:

Kooklabell 04-02-2011 01:01 PM

My mail lady always knew when I was waiting for a package because I'd be sitting on the porch waiting for her. If she had it, she'd flick her lights and I'd go running to meet her LOL Our new mail person just thinks I'm weird. That's ok, I am. And proud of it! :)

ljfox 04-02-2011 02:24 PM

This happens quite often. The carriers are not supposed to give you the package or mail, but the really nice ones will still do it and hope not to get in trouble. At the Post office we call people who do this mailbox stalkers.

MommaDorian 04-02-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by ljfox
This happens quite often. The carriers are not supposed to give you the package or mail, but the really nice ones will still do it and hope not to get in trouble. At the Post office we call people who do this mailbox stalkers.

They aren't supposed to give you your mail? If so, my mailman is as guilty as all get out. lol I stalk him too. We have a row of mailboxes at the edge of our yard. I watch to see if he puts things in our box, or if he skips to the next one. If he skips I know he's got something that doesn't fit in our box.