Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mr. Peacock is back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mr-peacock-back-t115091.html)

dolores 04-10-2011 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last year we had an unexpected vistor that stayed several months. Then he just wandered away. Today guess who showed up. Mr. Peacock. Take a look,

quiltpd 04-10-2011 02:50 PM

He is gorgeous !! Would be interesting to know where he came from and where he goes, wouldn't ? Enjoy him while he's "yours". Great colors for a quilt.

sewcrafty 04-10-2011 02:54 PM

I can't see him at all. LOL No pic. ;)

dolores 04-10-2011 02:55 PM

that was my thought last year. His tail is simply beautiful when he spreads it out. We finially found out where he came from a lady that lives about 8 miles from us had 2. They were both males and she said, she thought that one had run the other one off because they would fight all the time. She said as long as he was happy he could stay. She was about 85 years old.

boxerlady 04-10-2011 03:00 PM

I've heard they make good watch "birds"

feline fanatic 04-10-2011 03:35 PM

He is just lovely! I would not mind having this visitor take up residence in my yard at all. Maybe you need to find him a peahen to get him to show off his tail for you.

And yes they do make great watchbirds. They call when something disturbs them. The rajahs of old India would use them to guard the harem's quarters because they would raise such a ruckus when anything out of the ordinary occurred.

MinnieKat 04-10-2011 03:42 PM

How exotic! I think I'd drop dead if something like that showed up in my yard!

sewmuchmore 04-10-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
How exotic! I think I'd drop dead if something like that showed up in my yard!

He is gorgeous, but he would not last long in our yard we have to many foxs and coyotes around :-( I lose two to them a few years back :cry:

Jeannie34 04-10-2011 03:54 PM

Wow, that is amazing. Very strange thou

Suzi 04-10-2011 04:03 PM

Memories ------ we had Peter (an older peacock) who graced us with his presence for 5 years and then he simply walked away with a flock of turkeys one Fall day. He would eat out of our hands and as a thank you he would fan his gorgeous tail for us to admire. In the Winter he would sleep on the chimney and kept himself from freezing and if it was blizzarding he would walk into the barn and settle down in a manger (the horses weren't too happy about losing a manger full of hay but they tolerated him). His call was absolutely majestic and everyone from a couple of miles around were acquainted with him and would feed him when he went visiting. We went out looking for him for awhile after he left and several people had seen him with his turkey flock but he never returned ......... so ........... enjoy your boy for as long as he chooses to stay with you 'cause they are an absolute delight.