Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 37 Blocks 73 & 74 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-37-blocks-73-74-discussion-page-t115674.html)

Honchey 04-12-2011 05:15 PM

Well, well, well, The days between Tuesdays seem to be flying by for me. I hand pieced # 73 last Wednesday jus to see if I could do it. It's been years since I've done that.. and I've been trying to get #74 done--everytime I pick it up I have to put it down for something else going on. A very busy week for me. I try later on. Anne

janRN 04-12-2011 05:51 PM

Anne thanks so much for all you're doing for us FWSers. I know we all appreciate that you take the time to post these sites for us.
I'm having so much trouble with QB since the maintenance that I can't keep up with posts. It takes so long sometimes that my IE kicks me out or the screen goes blank.
Just wanted to say thanks!

JeanieG 04-12-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Anne thanks so much for all you're doing for us FWSers. I know we all appreciate that you take the time to post these sites for us.
I'm having so much trouble with QB since the maintenance that I can't keep up with posts. It takes so long sometimes that my IE kicks me out or the screen goes blank.
Just wanted to say thanks!

Oh I am having the same problems! Takes so long to load a page.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-12-2011 06:48 PM

As long as everyone keeps trying, its ok not to be perfect...I am so happy I did not marry a perfect husband...so I do not have to be the perfect wife at all times. Just like the FWSQ, its good to appreciate all the efforts of our fearless leader, and those who contribute week after week...while dealing with LIFE as it is.

Its an enjoyable journey for me. I thank all who has helped on this journery. A million thanks for your efforts.
And thanks to everyone for sharing their lovely blocks.

violetsfarm 04-14-2011 05:18 AM

I am using the paper piecing patterns from the FWS yahoo group, but not without some difficulity. For block 74 Ribbons I had to do two blocks, because the first one was backwards. This has happened on several blocks.
I say this, but let it be known...... I am grateful for the patterns. I am just used to Carol Doaks pp pattens, where you always sew on the printed side of the pattern. Her work is so great.
Hope the future patterns are as comfortable to make as these two.

Honchey 04-14-2011 05:36 AM

Hi Ladies, I"m also using the Yahoo pp patterns. they are from EQ. what I find is a problem is that some of the seams lay the wrong way. When doing "ribbons" I changed the "direction" of the order to be sewn so that the seams would "butt" up against each other instead of on top of each other. I'm not complaining---I'm happy to have access to them--it's just that some of them are not the way they should be. Anne

janRN 04-14-2011 08:13 AM

I'm still plodding along using templates. Even that way it's sometimes hard to know which way to press the seams when a bunch of them come together. A lot I've pressed open.

I was reading something on another thread about longarmers and that they want the seams all to go in the same direction. I had never heard this and wondered if this is all longarmers or just one's personal preference. (Not that I could afford to get this one LA's but it sure is nice to dream).

Honchey 04-14-2011 08:46 AM

I have been pping and leaving more fabric on the major seams then pressing them open. I can always trim closer after the pressing. It's much easier pressing wider than thinner seams with the bulky intersections. I AM going to quilt a block at a time mentioned somewhere in these threads Leaving the backing off until the last.It really seems to be the easiest way for me to go. I'm more of a piecer than a quilter. I have way too many tops that need quilting. Anne