Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   A Day at the Beach Swap - Mail by July 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/day-beach-swap-mail-july-15-a-t117712.html)

bookworm 04-21-2011 06:45 AM

A Day at the Beach

This is a swap for Beach Theme blocks.

Blocks can be any size that is divisible by 3" (plus seam allowances). They can be square, or rectangular. They may be pieced, appliquéd, painted, embellished…anything goes! Please keep in mind that all appliquéd blocks MUST have the pieces sewn down in some manner and that “plain” fabric blocks (just cut up squares), while appreciated to share with other swappers, WILL NOT count as “swap” blocks.

Blocks will be swapped in sets of 6. 1 set = 6 blocks. You may make as many sets as you would like to receive back.

**Please note that we will be swapping out all 6 blocks, and you will not be getting one of your own back. If you'd like one of your blocks you will need to make an extra.

Blocks should be mailed to me in a ziploc baggie inside an envelope, with your name and board name on each individual block. You need to include a Flat Rate envelope with postage on it for me to send your return blocks. The return blocks probably will be be different sizes than ones you sent in and postage is difficult to figure out, therefore, the Flat Rate envelopes work very well.

International is welcome just be sure to include postage. I do have a paypal account that can be used to transfer funds for the return postage.

Deadline for sign up is June 30. Please do not sign up until you have your blocks all made and ready to mail.

Blocks must be mailed in time get to me no later than July 15.

Please use pre washed fabric. Please refer to the General Swap Rules for fabric selection tips.

The swap is open to all experience levels.

Please check your blocks before you send them to ensure the following:
-Seam allowances should be 1/4" is. The blocks we swap should be constructed so that they can hold up to machine washing.
-Please check to make sure there are no holes in your blocks.
-Please be sure that final block includes a 1/4" seam allowance. (if you make a 12" block it should come out to 12 1/2"
-Please check to make sure that the seam allowances have not frayed so much they won’t survive machine washing.
-Please keep in mind that all appliquéd blocks MUST have the pieces sewn down in some manner and that “plain” fabric blocks (just cut up squares) will not count as “swap” blocks.

Please understand that I will have no choice but to return blocks that are not the right size or that are not constructed to survive machine washing.

Blocks should be mailed to me in a ziploc baggie inside an envelope, with your name and board name on each individual block. You need to include a Flat Rate envelope with postage on it for me to send your return blocks. The return blocks probably will be be different sizes than ones you sent in and postage is difficult to figure out, therefore, the Flat Rate envelopes work very well.

Please understand that any blocks I receive after the deadline will be returned unswapped. I will not be able to delay the mail-back waiting for late blocks.

Activity Page: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=150

bookworm 04-21-2011 07:08 AM

And just to add, they do not have to be identical in each set. Just the same measurement in the set

brookemarie19 04-21-2011 07:45 AM

OOOHHH!! I think I'm gonna do this one. I just have to finish my cats and then the Halloween, then I am all ready for this one. I tell ya.... I'm not getting much else done because of all of these swaps! I just love the friendships that you have when being involved in these things. :lol:

maine ladybug 04-21-2011 08:14 AM

You don't want us to PM you until we have all 6 blocks done. Is that correct? Thanks.

fabric_fancy 04-21-2011 10:47 AM

can the blocks have an air of whimsy or do you want them to all be serious?

example - i'm thinking about making a smiling sun block and flip flops which i would consider to have a sense of whimsy about them.

Karen 04-21-2011 11:28 AM

This sounds like fun! I am going to try to get a few sets done!!

fabric_fancy those like like really cute blocks!

lynnie 04-21-2011 11:36 AM

is it above the water line, or can we inclue below the water line??????
can we do like i did on my summer wall hanging, bright colors and such

fabric_fancy 04-21-2011 11:53 AM

lynnie that summer wall hanging is so wonderful

bookworm 04-21-2011 02:27 PM

Yes PM me to sign up AFTER the blocks are done

Whimsy is fine with me :)

Lets keep it above the water line for the most part.

moonwork42029 04-21-2011 02:34 PM

These could end up pretty durn funny :)