Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I Nuts??? I'm considering selling my EQ7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-nuts-im-considering-selling-my-eq7-t118316.html)

Dee Dee 04-23-2011 03:25 PM

I have had EQ7 for a little while, and honestly have never used it. I've diddled with it to experiment, but nothing productive. I just don't have the inclination to sit down and work with it. I'm considering contacting the manufacture and ask what their stipulations are regarding selling of the software.

TonnieLoree 04-23-2011 03:42 PM

Please PM me with your details if you want to sell it. I have been dieing to get any sort of EQ back. Mine were lost in a move, and now I have a new computer. Thanks in advance! (It is sold on Ebay and Amazon all of the time!)

MTS 04-23-2011 03:46 PM

EQ is very easy to work with in this regard. You could easily sell it privately (here, eBay, whatever) if you wanted.

You would have to remove it from your machine so that the new user would be able to have full use of the two installations at a time allowed.

The EQ mothership does check. ;-)

fat quarters 04-23-2011 04:16 PM

if your not happy with eq software try the 4D quilt design Creator. I love it very easy to use

Dee Dee 04-23-2011 04:33 PM

Thanks. If I do decide to sell, I'll want to do it in the required legal way and not keep a copy on my computer. Thanks so much for your guidance.

Your comment about Mothership is so funny! :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by MTS
EQ is very easy to work with in this regard. You could easily sell it privately (here, eBay, whatever) if you wanted.

You would have to remove it from your machine so that the new user would be able to have full use of the two installations at a time allowed.

The EQ mothership does check. ;-)

twospoiledhuskies 04-23-2011 04:34 PM

You might want to check out Quilt University.com. I took the beginning EQ7 class and am currently taking the advanced class.

It is so much easier than trying to read the manual. It has been so much fun and is so informative. This program does so many wonderful things and I know you would love it.

Good luck with what ever option you choose :-D

Dee Dee 04-23-2011 04:35 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't know anything about 4D Quilt Design Creator. I'll have to check it out.

I've just seen so many books and patterns with designs that I love and need the instructions to make them.

Originally Posted by fat quarters
if your not happy with eq software try the 4D quilt design Creator. I love it very easy to use

Dee Dee 04-23-2011 04:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not familier with Quilt University either. :idea:

Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
You might want to check out Quilt University.com. I took the beginning EQ7 class and am currently taking the advanced class.

It is so much easier than trying t read the manual. It has been so much fun and is so informative. This program does so many wonderful things and I know you would love it.

Good luck with what ever option you chose :-D

tjradj 04-23-2011 04:40 PM

Thousands of Bolts has a new feature for designs as well. You can plug in the blocks you want, then adjust the fabrics for the design you want. Once you're done, it will tell you how much fabric you need. And it's easy.

Dee Dee 04-23-2011 04:51 PM

Thanks for the info! I am learning a lot from all of you!

Originally Posted by tjradj
Thousands of Bolts has a new feature for designs as well. You can plug in the blocks you want, then adjust the fabrics for the design you want. Once you're done, it will tell you how much fabric you need. And it's easy.