Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'd like to try to sell this..Whadda' ya' think? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/id-like-try-sell-whadda-ya-think-t12697.html)

sandpat 10-29-2008 01:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK..here is my 2nd and final UFO challenge quilt...finished...Yea!

I don't care for it and DH suggested that I try to sell it. Should I try ebay or etsy and what should I ask for it?

It is 57" X 57" and the quilting is all black and is randomly placed cave man type stuff like spiral circles..animals, hand prints, foot prints, etc.

What do ya'll think?

Don't know if you can see the quilting or not
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21189[/ATTACH]

Back of UFO #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21190[/ATTACH]

Front of UFO #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21191[/ATTACH]

KrazyQuilter 10-29-2008 01:26 PM

That is a great quilt!!!! I don't know what to charge for but I love it!

sewjoyce 10-29-2008 01:47 PM

I say, go for it! I think I would try ebay first.

blueribbontoes 10-29-2008 03:07 PM

I have found you get more on Etsy, but may have to wait awhile to sell, whereas Ebay is quicker to sell but people are not willing to pay as much. Etsy is more for artists and craftspeople, and ebay is more a large garage sale. Both have their benefits.

Beautiful quilt- good luck selling it!

(If you don't/can't/won't sell it, Churches often have chartity auctions, or hospitals often accept blankets for sick children.)

sandpat 10-29-2008 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyQuilter
That is a great quilt!!!! I don't know what to charge for but I love it!

:lol: :lol: Thanks soo much..soooo how much would you pay for it? :?

sandpat 10-29-2008 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I have found you get more on Etsy, but may have to wait awhile to sell, whereas Ebay is quicker to sell but people are not willing to pay as much. Etsy is more for artists and craftspeople, and ebay is more a large garage sale. Both have their benefits.

Beautiful quilt- good luck selling it!

(If you don't/can't/won't sell it, Churches often have chartity auctions, or hospitals often accept blankets for sick children.)

Project Linus is my next resort..I'd rather give it away than sell it for an insult...but I really don't know what would be reasonable.

barnbum 10-29-2008 04:44 PM

Oh gosh--that's awesome. The design is unique and the specially pieced back makes it even more valuable.

I have a hard time pricing stuff... but for that size and workmanship and uniqueness I'd go $250 minimum. Start at $300. :wink:

Where to sell is the biggest problem. I find once I have a few buyers, they come back. Having photos on my website helps a lot--for potential buyers to see what's available.

blueribbontoes 10-29-2008 04:49 PM

I checked craigslist, eBay and etsy. How does $150 sound? The quilts that seemed to actually sell were between $50 and $200.

Beautiful work!

Kyiav10 10-29-2008 05:18 PM

I say beautiful quilt and go for it!!

Kyia

Quilt4u 10-30-2008 02:08 AM

Go for it. But not on E-Bay to many hidden charges. I looked into it. I'm selling some of my quilts too. You may want to check out feer addvertisments. There are alot out there.