Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need a name for quilting club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-name-quilting-club-t127331.html)

Butterfli19 06-01-2011 05:24 PM

Everything I think of is taken. I really liked "Project Happy" but it's already in NY. Then I thought of "The Giving Project" but that's taken too.

My vision, for those of you who missed the thread, is to enlist members who will sew, knit, and crochet quilts, blankets, pillows, and soft toys and animals for anyone who is hurting or displaced in our local area, from infant to elderly. Kind of hard to find a name to encompass all that.

Any ideas? Something that will make people think "hey, what's that all about?"

While we're at it - if this were local to you would you consider being a member?

hopetoquilt 06-01-2011 05:29 PM

Pain Relievers
Blanketing in Benevolence
Quilted Comfort...

I know, kinda cheesy but it was all I could think of and maybe it will trigger an idea. Don't forget to post your decision.

lallyann 06-01-2011 05:37 PM

Sew Full of Love,
or maybe,
Sew Comforting...
hmmm...I don't know. I think its a very nice idea to have a group that does that!

mommamac 06-01-2011 05:40 PM

Helping Hands
Sew Caring
Project Smile(s)

QuiltingGrannie 06-01-2011 05:43 PM

Gifts of Comfort
Comforting Hands
Hands Sew Comforting
Wrapped in Comfort

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-01-2011 05:48 PM

Handmade Healing Hugs

earthwalker 06-01-2011 05:49 PM

Maybe "Tree of Love"...(bit like a family tree) a firmly rooted, spreading tree, the members represented by the branches, the leaves heart-shaped representing the gifts....Your post reminded me of the Shel Silverstein poem "The Giving Tree", but I don't suppose you could use that as there would probably be copyright issues. Anyway...that's my suggestion (a little out there, but I think I'm among friends here!).

If this group was local to me - I would join in a heartbeat.

bebe 06-01-2011 05:50 PM

hands that love and quilt
from my heart to my hands
made w/ love for u
happy hands bring smiles
smile for today
hearts that love lead to hands that give

Butterfli19 06-01-2011 05:51 PM

There are tons with comfort, joy, hands, healing, hugs, heaven, angels, smiles, etc. I was even thinking along the lines of Pandora's box but most people know the myth as all the evil leaves when it is open so decided against it.

Also considered a play on words but that doesn't work unless you come up with the words to play on...lol.

I also love butterflies and was hoping to fit that in. Butterflies symbolize transformation, growth, evolution and rediscovery so that would be a good thing for the business cards or website.

There is also Love Bugs, but saying bugs a million times might make me feel itchy.

cmputerdazed 06-01-2011 05:52 PM

sew nice
scrappy hearts
sew happy
happy hugs
hands to work hearts to God