Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!! WE ARE FULL!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-gender-neutral-6%22-square-swap-sign-up-closed-we-full-t127431.html)

Yosamitesa 06-02-2011 05:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yosamitesa is hosting her first swap!!! ……. 6” squares, up to 6 sets.

Please bear with me through my first swap…gonna be a FUN ride!!!

“I-Spy” is the theme!!! Almost anything goes...please keep it gender neutral and remember most will be used in quilts for children.

Registration is open to the first 130 Sets or until the 13th of June, whichever comes first.

Group Activity Page is: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=165

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of any 1 (one) UN-washed 100% cotton fabric that reference any fun I-Spy such as, but not limited to, sports, animals (not too scary), food, shapes, space, bugs, frogs, fish, etc. *(If you have any questions please ask.)

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a children's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tear, washing and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are NOT appropriate related fabrics will be returned. Also, squares that are not square or those that are not the right size will be returned unswapped as well.

Will accept any squares larger than 6” as most of us will use them as is. Anything less than MY 6” measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if need be... please nothing over 7-inches

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

1 gallon size (Hefty/Ziploc) slider bag with 12 ct – 6 inch squares of ONE fabric for each set

~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon size bags for safe passage thru USPS.

~ Please remember that each set should be cut from a different unwashed fabric

~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope

~ Approximately 1/3 of a yard will do 12 - 6˝” squares, however if you want some or are fussy cutting, make sure you get ˝ of a yard.

~ There is a SIX SET limit in this swap.

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts.
***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 6 inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate quart size bags)) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on each of my bags will have:

Yosamitesa X4

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be chewed and swallowed up by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )

~ Please staple a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...
**** A piece of your fabric is required stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes. (See picture)

Also in your package INCLUDE Sample pieces of each of your fabric – approximately 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size. Please staple the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an additional address label and your board name. (See picture) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square. This aids me keeping track of who sent in what since there should be over 100 sets.

Also in your package INCLUDE a self-adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.95) Should you require delivery confirmation- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! - An additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. DO NOT mail return self-addressed stamped envelopes!!!!! Postage ONLY please!!!

***Due to quick turn-around I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS***
Postage stamps, PO money orders (or concealed cash at your own risk) will be accepted as forms for shipping costs.

I would like to have these in hand no later than 6/24/2011 (so with a post mark no later than 6/17/2011 that should give the USPS ample time to deliver with NO grace period.) After 6/17/2011 PRIORITY is recommended. After 6/22/2011, Mandatory OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 6/24/2011 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort 6/27 – 6/30 and hope to mail out squares on 7/1/2011 –No later that 7/5/2011.

*~*~*~*~* Please PM me all the info below: *~*~*~*~*

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package by
Your real name
Your mailing address

*~*~*~*~*After all info has been rec’d & you have been approved I will add you to the list of swappers!!!

Any questions please pm me. I'll be happy to assist any way I can.
Happy quilting everyone!!!!

sample fabric stapled to baggie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205491[/ATTACH]

sample fabric stapled to baggie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205492[/ATTACH]

Fabric samples from ALL fabric submitted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205493[/ATTACH]

Diamondrose 06-02-2011 05:56 AM

I am in for six sets - sending PM

Thank you

Diamondrose 06-02-2011 05:57 AM

Duplicate - please ignore

Thank you

Yosamitesa 06-02-2011 06:01 AM

Notes for Swappers will be listed here!!!

6/2/11 - Sign-up is open. I will be out of town again this weekend, family emergency came up and I'm leaving tomorrow. I will be checking in and if you need anything just know it will take me a couple of days to get back to you. :)

6/3/11 - Alright y'all...I'm heading out for the weekend. I'll be on sporatic, but won't be able to really do much until probably Monday! Have a great weekend!!!

6/6/11 - I'm back...so if you have any questions, please let me know. We are at 95 sets already!!! All I can say is WOW!!! Thank y'all each and every one for being so excited about this swap!!! :)

6/8/11 - WE ARE FULL!!! Y'all are amazing!!! Everyone should have the mail to address, if not, let me know ASAP!!! I can't believe how quick this thing took off!!! I'm starting to prepare for my next swap if anyone is interested!!!

6/15/11 - We have received 22 packages!!! :) Keep 'em coming. :) The next swap will be Christmas in July, 6-1/2" squares. Keep an eye out for the sign up in a couple of weeks. :)

6/17/11 - Today is the LAST day to ship regular mail. After today must ship Priority. Waiting on 5 more sets and then we are ready to start swapping!!! I should have all fabrics in hand by next Friday. I will sort over the weekend and start swapping on the following Monday!!! If you signed up and don't want to swap now, please PM me ASAP! I would rather know sooner than later. :)

Yosamitesa 06-02-2011 06:02 AM

List of swappers will be listed here!

1 - Yosamitesa - 4 sets -- received
2 - Diamondrose - 6 sets -- received
3 - Gigi07 - 6 sets -- received
4 - NauDeeGal - 6 sets -- received
5 - Marcia D - 2 sets -- received
6 - KarenR - 6 sets + 4 sets for daughter -- received
7 - marybrace - 6 sets -- received
8 - dotcomdtcm - 6 sets -- received
9 - laurilli - 6 sets -- received
10 - GrammaO - 6 sets -- received
11 - Quiltgirl26 - 3 sets -- received
12 - Jannie - 4 sets -- received
13 - sustraley - 6 sets -- received
14 - serenitybygrace - 3 sets -- received
15 - azmadgranny - 6 sets -- received
16 - JudyVA - 4 sets -- received
17 - quiltlady1941 - 6 sets -- received
18 - JLMiller - 6 sets -- received
19 - Faren - 2 sets -- received
20 - SewCrazyinGA - 6 sets -- received
21 - JAM - 3 sets -- received
22 - L8quilter - 6 sets -- received
23 - katvert - 6 sets -- received
24 - luvTooQuilt - 6 sets -- received
25 - shawnemily - 5 sets -- received
26 - bjolly - 3 sets -- received
27 - buslady - 6 sets -- received
28 - hooked - 4 sets -- received
------------------------------
Total 143 sets - WE ARE FULL!!!

28 sets received!!! :) Time to start swapping!!!!

JLMiller 06-02-2011 08:08 AM

~ Approximately 1/3 of a yard will do 12 - 6˝” squares, however if you want some or are fussy cutting, make sure you get ˝ of a yard.

omg.... i already cut mine but I cut them at 6" I thought that is what we were suppose to do....

Yosamitesa 06-02-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by JLMiller

omg.... i already cut mine but I cut them at 6" I thought that is what we were suppose to do....

6" is the correct size. read all of the rules. :) 6" is the minimum and 7" is the largest they can be. :)

Marcia D 06-02-2011 08:52 AM

Count me in for 2 sets. MarciaD

KarenR 06-02-2011 09:00 AM

Count me in- 6 sets

Yosamitesa 06-02-2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia D
Count me in for 2 sets. MarciaD

*~*~*~*~* Please PM me all the info below: *~*~*~*~*

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package by
Your real name