Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Power to the Quilters!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/power-quilters-t129432.html)

Radiana 06-10-2011 10:05 AM

I just called Fiskars about their combination ruler and rotary cutter. They told me it was discontinued because it started out as a Walmart special and when they closed down the fabric departments Fiskars stopped producing it.

I mentioned to the gal that I understood Walmart was going to be bringing back the fabric depts in hundreds of stores, and that was news to her. She said that many have called in and requested that it be produced again and she forwards those commecnts but nothing has been done yet.

At any rate this product could be a Godsend to many of us. As I understand it it cuts like butter and basically you are using the palm of your hand to do the work. I know it would make cutting so much easier for me.

If you think about it and have a minute please send a short email to Fiskars asking them to please bring back the ruler and rotary combo. She said it might just get them to start making these again.

[email protected]
I know this isn't about warranties but it will still get to the right place.

amma 06-10-2011 10:06 AM

Thank you!! I will be sending an email :D:D:D

frugalfabrics 06-10-2011 10:21 AM

wonderful

ksea 06-10-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Radiana
I just called Fiskars about their combination ruler and rotary cutter. They told me it was discontinued because it started out as a Walmart special and when they closed down the fabric departments Fiskars stopped producing it.

I mentioned to the gal that I understood Walmart was going to be bringing back the fabric depts in hundreds of stores, and that was news to her. She said that many have called in and requested that it be produced again and she forwards those commecnts but nothing has been done yet.

At any rate this product could be a Godsend to many of us. As I understand it it cuts like butter and basically you are using the palm of your hand to do the work. I know it would make cutting so much easier for me.

If you think about it and have a minute please send a short email to Fiskars asking them to please bring back the ruler and rotary combo. She said it might just get them to start making these again.

[email protected]
I know this isn't about warranties but it will still get to the right place.

Must be the e-mails are just flowing in because they have 10-15 day response time!!

Dixie1954 06-10-2011 12:32 PM

I have the Fiskars ruler/cutter. My daughter got it for me several years ago for Christmas. I use it when cutting strips.

Unique Creations 06-10-2011 06:57 PM

I too have one and use it regularly to cut strips. Works very well now that I put a Harbor Freight blade in it!!

amma 06-10-2011 07:16 PM

I sent my email in earlier today... hopefully they get enough of them to start up production again :D:D:D

blueangel 06-11-2011 06:43 AM

I will send an e mail.