Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Blue Bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-blue-bargello-t131004.html)

dsb38327 06-16-2011 02:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I would like to share photo's of my Blue Bargello with you. This is the second time I have made this pattern (Swish by Marilyn Burris). I posted photos of the first one July 2010. I see so much difference in my skills a year later. You guys have taught me so much, you taught me well. Measure twice, cut once, if I don't do the same thing the same way each time it won't fit like a jigsaw puzzle but if I am consistent with my seam width, the pull I use when pressing the seams, etc. everything will fit like a well oiled machine. I read what you say, practice, hit a road block and use search to dig my way out of the trenches. You have taught me well and I have only just begun to learn. :P .
I hope you will enjoy seeing my quilt as much I as enjoy seeing yours. I appreciate every response and one word responses are important to me too, so say as much or as little as you want to but please do let me hear your shout out. :P

The quilt uses 24 fabrics. This is fabrics 1 through 17.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212420[/ATTACH]

This is fabrics 18_24.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212421[/ATTACH]

This is the back side of the quilt top. I am so proud of everything I have learned. I couldn't have done this a year ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212422[/ATTACH]

2nd photo of the back side of the quilt top.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212424[/ATTACH]

3rd photo of the back side of the quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212425[/ATTACH]

Check out the yellow renagade. I will replace it with the correct one when I redo my binding. I couldn't get my mitre right so I stepped away from it for awhile. Ooops, I also haven't put a label on it yet. This is also a photo that shows how my blue thread worked with stitch in the ditch. On the bed, the blue thread looks like a shadow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212427[/ATTACH]

The finished quilt. Photo shows the quilt from the bottom to the top. I machine pieced and quilted it on a domestic Brother.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212429[/ATTACH]

This photo shows the quilt from the right to the left. I extended the pattern to 60 columns making a perfect Queen size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212431[/ATTACH]

debcavan 06-16-2011 02:11 PM

Oh my heavens, the browns and the blues are so gorgeous together. You did a great job. It is wonderful

charismah 06-16-2011 02:12 PM

OH I love it! Love the colors...love your quilt! Fabulous job!

Jan T 06-16-2011 02:14 PM

Your avatar fascinates me. It is rare when one bird lets one other bird sit and feed at the same time. They are so territorial that we put three feeders in three different areas around the house. We actually watched one bird stab another with his beak to get the feeder to himself. It was brutal.

quilt queen 2 06-16-2011 02:15 PM

This is gorgeous and the back looks so neat love the colors!

cuppi duke 06-16-2011 02:16 PM

Beautiful job. You should be proud. I love your color choices.

LoriEl 06-16-2011 02:17 PM

Looks beautiful, but where's the front side picture!

quiltsRfun 06-16-2011 02:20 PM

The back looks great. More photos of the front, please. As for your "yellow renegade," I have that fabric and the yellow can be hard to work around.

ube quilting 06-16-2011 02:21 PM

Beautiful quilt! I took a look at your Hummers' too. your set up is great. I have a family at my house, Ruby Throated. If you have good eyes you can follow them as they fly and I discovered they have favorite perches and flying routes that they follow. They are most beautiful! Imagine a bargello in the red and greens of a Humming bird!
peace

reach for the stars 2 06-16-2011 02:21 PM

Looks great like sand and waves