Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It is a beautiful day..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/beautiful-day-t131138.html)

mcdaniel023 06-17-2011 05:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
so I moved to the deck for the day. I took a much needed and well deserved day off. I planned to quilt. But, when I got up and saw the beautiful day, I decided to enjoy both. The quilting and the weather. Sunny, 78 and a my relaxing back yard, carried out my Brother (Janome was too heavy) and I am ready to go.
Do you blame me?

running1 06-17-2011 05:51 AM

OK, NOW I'm jealous!!! It is already 85 degrees here; the wind is and will be blowing 25-35 mph all day.. the high is expected to be 106... yes, 106... yesterday was 102, tomorrow, 103, Sunday 101... sigh....

Well, it has helped me (a little) to whine for a moment... now I promise to quit whining!!! I LOVE your deck and temporary sewing area!! Maybe one day next fall, I'll get to do just that! It will bring me pleasure today thinking about you on your beautiful deck, sewing away!!

btw, my dad grew up in Spencer County just outside a tiny town called Richland, close to Rockport... and my niece will graduate from IU next December... she was on the diving team... My aunt (Daddy's last sister) turns 90 next week in Indianapolis! and Momma and Daddy lived in Evansville for 17-18 years while his folks were still alive... Indiana is about the prettiest place to be in my opinion, and I'm a dedicated Oklahoman... You can't beat the beauty found in Indiana...

Teapots and Quilts 06-17-2011 05:53 AM

Looks like a perfect place to do some sewing! Enjoy your day! Where are you in Indiana? I live in Lancaster PA, but we have a lake cottage in Wolcottville IN (Northwestern IN). We'll be out there next week for the Shipshewana Quilt Show.

mcdaniel023 06-17-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by running1
OK, NOW I'm jealous!!! It is already 85 degrees here; the wind is and will be blowing 25-35 mph all day.. the high is expected to be 106... yes, 106... yesterday was 102, tomorrow, 103, Sunday 101... sigh....

Well, it has helped me (a little) to whine for a moment... now I promise to quit whining!!! I LOVE your deck and temporary sewing area!! Maybe one day next fall, I'll get to do just that! It will bring me pleasure today thinking about you on your beautiful deck, sewing away!!

If it makes you feel any better, it is supposed to rain all weekend.

running1 06-17-2011 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023

Originally Posted by running1

If it makes you feel any better, it is supposed to rain all weekend.

Well, get back out there, girl!! ha ha... Have a FABULOUS day!!!!

mcdaniel023 06-17-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Teapots and Quilts
Looks like a perfect place to do some sewing! Enjoy your day! Where are you in Indiana? I live in Lancaster PA, but we have a lake cottage in Wolcottville IN (Northwestern IN). We'll be out there next week for the Shipshewana Quilt Show.

I know where you are. I am in Valparaiso. I will be at the show on Friday and am going to Craftybear's meet and greet.

mcdaniel023 06-17-2011 05:57 AM

My laptop is out here, too. :)

running1 06-17-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
My laptop is out here, too. :)

Talk about rubbing it in!!!

:-D

MamaBear61 06-17-2011 06:01 AM

You have a perfect environment to be creative in. HAVE FUN!!!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-17-2011 06:02 AM

Beautiful pics!!! Enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!!! :)