Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Needing help getting the bobbin thread to come up from the bottom of this machine got any ideas? It's a side loading bobbin on a vintage machine. I've googled but can't find the right help. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/needing-help-getting-bobbin-thread-come-up-bottom-machine-got-any-ideas-its-side-loading-bobbin-vintage-machine-ive-googled-but-cant-find-right-help-t134768.html)

AngieS 07-02-2011 01:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The thread won't come up through the bottom. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Kenmore
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219917[/ATTACH]

Bobbin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219918[/ATTACH]

BellaBoo 07-02-2011 02:01 PM

Try lowering the needle in the shaft a teeny tiny bit at a time. Some of the older machines need a different length needle then the new needles out now. There are good minds here that can help with more trys to do.

TonnieLoree 07-02-2011 02:04 PM

Is your needle in correctly? I'm not sure what type those are so I can't tell you which way to turn it. My friend, Karen had the same problem; her needle was in backwards. I turned it, and voila!

thepolyparrot 07-02-2011 02:16 PM

Is this a White-made rotary?

If so, it may be that this machine's hand wheel turns away from you over the top, instead of toward you over the top like most machines.

grandma pepsi 07-02-2011 02:55 PM

Could it be the bobbin is not loaded correctly. Set the machine on top of the cabinet, turn the wheel slowly by hand, and watch the needle as it enters the bobbin case. This may give you an idea of the problem. On some of the older machines I have owned (that were side loaders) the thread would span across the bobbin. Hope this might help.

grandma pepsi 07-02-2011 03:00 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add, from the picture it looks a though the needle should extend down through the 'pointed' area to pick up the thread; and if the thread isn't in the right position it can't pick it up. Sure hope you get it resolved. Looks like a good sturdy machine. Good luck.

Tartan 07-02-2011 03:29 PM

I can't tell by looking at the bobbin but is it coming out at the right spot to be picked up? Is that a liitle hole on the right that it's maybe supposed to thread through? I have never seen this set-up, hope someone who has it will help out!

Nanamoms 07-02-2011 03:39 PM

If these good posters can't help, PM Billy at Lostn51 or post under the Vintage Machine Shop topic. Great help over there, too.

PS: Love your machine!

dunster 07-02-2011 04:28 PM

Other than checking to see if the needle is inserted correctly, I have no advice. However - I want to congratulate you on having the most descriptive title I have ever seen on a post! So much better than those that just say "need help".

Peckish 07-02-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
I want to congratulate you on having the most descriptive title I have ever seen on a post! So much better than those that just say "need help".

I second that!!! I LOVE that you were much more descriptive!