Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Splash in the pond and scrappy stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/splash-pond-scrappy-stars-t136501.html)

leenor 07-09-2011 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did Splash in the Pond a while ago and gave it away as a wedding presnt. The great thing is you don't have to precut any triangles and all the off cuts make another set of blocks

The scrappy stars and the wonky log cabin is hanging over the couch waiting to go to a sick friend.

splash in the pond
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224036[/ATTACH]

scrappy stars and wonky log cabin before quilting and adding borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224037[/ATTACH]

azwendyg 07-09-2011 09:54 PM

Beautiful quilts! I especially like the "Splash in the Pond" with all the blues.

quiltinggirl 07-09-2011 10:05 PM

OMG - they are both so beautiful! I really love the scrappy stars!!!

rosemaynes 07-09-2011 10:21 PM

Both are great. Love them.

sawsan 07-09-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by leenor
I did Splash in the Pond a while ago and gave it away as a wedding presnt. The great thing is you don't have to precut any triangles and all the off cuts make another set of blocks

The scrappy stars and the wonky log cabin is hanging over the couch waiting to go to a sick friend.

How u don't have to precut ....................?
It takes very long time to do. What is your technique? :thumbup:

annieshane 07-09-2011 10:31 PM

Both are beautiful, but especially like the second. Great colors and designs.

leenor 07-09-2011 11:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I would have to find the magazine to give you the full details. That might take me quite some time as I have moved house and reorganised the sewing room since I made this quilt. so I have made a drawing and will load it as a set of photos.

STEP 1 You start with a small white/off white square. then you add a blue rectangle to each side and then trim. as in first photo.

STEP 2 Add another 4 rectangles, one to each side and trim again.

Then add 4 large triangles one to each side ( or you can do the rectangle thing again)

STEP 3 Slice large square through the middle in horizontal and vertical directions and you now have 4 basic units and lost of triangles left over to make more square ina square blosk for another project.

I hope that helps.

Take one white square and add four blue rectangles. Then trim along red line.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224043[/ATTACH]

Then add 4 large blue triangles (or you could do the rectangle thing again.) Bisect the block from left to right and top to bottom. along red lines and finally you have 4 identical basic blocks. Well the drawing is a bit off square but you can see the basic principle I hope.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224045[/ATTACH]

sew_southern 07-10-2011 12:54 AM

Both are so pretty! :)

cjtinkle 07-10-2011 02:04 AM

Awesome quilts!

Donna Mare 07-10-2011 02:20 AM

both beautiful..............Splash especially