Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baileys Longarm quilting machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baileys-longarm-quilting-machine-t138371.html)

BZSCISSORS 07-17-2011 02:02 PM

How many of you own and use a Baileys longarm machine? I would love to have some feedback on the quality and user friendliness of this machine.....I could be in the market for a longarm, but the funds are limited and I am shopping. Please send me info...............thanks

leatheflea 07-17-2011 02:14 PM

Two weeks ago mine arrived. I just started playing with it about 5 days ago. Currently have my first quilt on the frame. You know its just like any other new toy or tool. Theres a learning curve. Its a lot different than sewing on a regular machine. If you cant draw you cant draw with a sewing machine, so you'll have to invest in some templates or pantos depending on weather or not you intend to put it on a frame. I think its well worth the money, even though I'm having some issues, my issues not the machine.

Theres a yahoo group that is all about Baileys. You should take a look and read the messages there before buying. I joined back a few months ago. Debbe will also be happy to answer in questions you have and will even help you with ordering.

Just look around before you buy, take one for a test drive. I was lucky enough to know someone with a Baileys.

Lots of luck to you

BZSCISSORS 07-17-2011 03:22 PM

Thanks so much for the quick reply..........I just dont want to invest that amount of $$ IF it is not something worthwhile. I am shopping and want to get as much bang for my buck as possible, again thanks for the info.

leatheflea 07-17-2011 04:43 PM

Theres also a machine called the WOW, it too is a stretch machine. I dont know how close you are to greenwood but the joanns there has a great deal on an 18 inch long arm and frame with computer..it has all the whistles. It start out over 17,000 and now its 9000, heck of a buy. Might be worth the drive. of course i would call first to make sure they havent sold it.

sewinmom 07-17-2011 04:58 PM

I have the 15" Bailey's Longarm machine. I've had it for 2 years. I have to admit that I haven't used it as much as I had hoped but when I have used it, it's done a great job. For the $$, it's a wonderful machine. As mentioned, there is a yahoo group that a lot of wonderful people belong to and are always willing to help with any problems.

Good luck with your decision.

kathy 07-18-2011 07:32 AM

there is a sales rep on the yahoo group too, she's very helpful

eastermarie 07-18-2011 08:14 AM

Handiquilter has the HQ16 with the Pro frame system for $7995. They will come ans set it up, show you how to use it and offer great service help. Check with your local dealer and try one out or see if a friend has one you can try or even a local quilt shop or a longarm service provider.

Cosy 07-18-2011 08:19 AM

I like my 15" Bailey, but there is a learning curve, more than I liked. The Yahoo group is great, I would say almost essential.

jlm5419 07-18-2011 11:25 AM

I have one, a 15", bought it used a few months ago. So far, I have used it to quilt 4 quilts. There is definitely a learning curve, but it gets easier with each quilt.

maryfoland 10-09-2011 06:42 AM

Need help with my Baileys long arm 15" machine. Bobbin looping bottom of quilt really bad Ran out of ideas to fix it HELP!!!!!!!!!