Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, England, UK. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/festival-quilts-birmingham-england-uk-t141540.html)

DottyD 07-31-2011 05:42 AM

I was wondering if anyone is going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England, UK, on Saturday 13th Aug ? -- a week on Saturday !!!
I am looking forward to it and hopefully seeing K3N's lovely quilt - hope she gets a ribbon.
DottyD

CoventryUK 07-31-2011 05:55 AM

Unfortunately it coincides with holidays!!!! Was looking forward to seeing K3ns work!! Hope you have a great time! Are you stewarding again??

DottyD 07-31-2011 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Unfortunately it coincides with holidays!!!! Was looking forward to seeing K3ns work!! Hope you have a great time! Are you stewarding again??

Hi, Shame you cannot come !! I wonder if your thinking of someone else, as I haven't done any stewarding at FoQ. I have done some at a local small quilt exhibition but not Birmingham.
Hope you have a nice holiday !!

CoventryUK 07-31-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD

Originally Posted by CoventryUK

Hi, Shame you cannot come !! I wonder if your thinking of someone else, as I haven't done any stewarding at FoQ. I have done some at a local small quilt exhibition but not Birmingham.
Hope you have a nice holiday !!

Ooops!! Sorry wrong Dotty!!!!! Would have been nice to meet you too!!!!

cannyquilter 08-01-2011 04:35 AM

Not this year my quilting class are going but it coincides with my holidays. Maybe next year, hope you enjoy your trip. Am going to Harrogate on Sept 3rd. Canny

Sanpot 08-01-2011 05:58 AM

I am going on the Thursday with my quilting group from Churchdown in Gloucestershire. Being economical this month so I have some pennies to spend!

Mauren 08-02-2011 07:51 AM

Hi Dotty
were going wouldn't miss it were staying at the Plaza for four nights are you staying over!
Maureen

DottyD 08-02-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mauren
Hi Dotty
were going wouldn't miss it were staying at the Plaza for four nights are you staying over!
Maureen

Hi Maureen,
No, I am not staying, we are going up by coach on the Saturday - hope to be there 10.30 - 11.00 am.

Mauren 08-03-2011 05:25 AM

That's a shame Dotty we have gradually increased our length of stay, we figure as were getting older we take more time to get round the show, we started off with two days/one night then increased over time besides it's a good rest from the guy's - no washing up/bedmaking and best of all a little voice that says "do you really need to buy that". Wev'e also booked to go on the Dinner Barge this year just to see what it's like - last year we went to the evening fashion show but it did drag on a bit. I go with a friend who doesn't sew (she makes greetings cards but she gets more excited than me about going) anyway maybe we will see each other who knows

Are you from London Dotty !!!

Maureen

SazuBMidlands 08-04-2011 12:44 PM

I'm planning on going on Saturday with a friend. Rather looking forward to it :) , although will need to watch the spending. Unfortunately I haven't been very economical this month :(