Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HGTV - spoke to customer service rep (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hgtv-spoke-customer-service-rep-t141874.html)

Stitchnripper 08-01-2011 11:41 AM

I am sorry, but I can't find the original thread. Maybe a mod can move this over. Anyway, I called this number - 865-694-7879 and got a live person. She was very nice. I told her what we've all been saying about HGTV, too many real estate shows. We would like something on the order of Simply Quilts, Carol Duval, etc. She said their programming is "viewer driven" so to have all my friends call or write and this all goes to the production and programming team. I told her we were interested in HGTV, not DIY, although that would be a start. We don't get DIY with our package. She also said there is a place on their website that is an online forum and comments can go there and they would see them. I guess if any of you are interested in also calling in addition to writing, that can't hurt! We got WalMart on board, so let's give HGTV a shot!!

amma 08-01-2011 11:49 AM

I am more than willing to jump on this bandwagon :D:D:D

crafty_linda_b 08-01-2011 11:54 AM

I noticed that Fons & Porter aren't or even listed any longer? I used to watch it at 3:30 while I was at my son's house babysitting the boys. They would nap so I could get a few mins to myself to watch the quilt show. Now it's gone? Thanks for the # to call. Do you have the website or should we just google HGTV to find it?
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b

dollclothes 08-01-2011 12:11 PM

Yee Haa!
More resourses to contact HGTV about Quilt shows.
Lets all use all three .........E-Mail, Call (865 694-7879)
and use the forum on their site to get our point across. Take a few minutes now and hopefully in the future it will result in many enjoyable hours watching our Quilting shows again.
Thanks to everyone who are helping the cause. Lets keep the ball rolling.
Jane in PA

Lori S 08-01-2011 12:19 PM

I called and was very .... clear that they lost the biggest reason I looked at HGTV and that there is nothing left on the channel to interest me. I said BRING BACK A SHOW ON QUILTING!!
I was actually quite surprised how easy you made it .. the call went right through to a live person... no sitting through lots of prompts.
Thanks for posting this.

Stitchnripper 08-01-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
I noticed that Fons & Porter aren't or even listed any longer? I used to watch it at 3:30 while I was at my son's house babysitting the boys. They would nap so I could get a few mins to myself to watch the quilt show. Now it's gone? Thanks for the # to call. Do you have the website or should we just google HGTV to find it?
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b

www.hgtv.com

debbieumphress 08-01-2011 12:40 PM

I don't have any quilt shows here so rely on shows on the internet. Wish we had some. We have RFD but only Eleanor Burns and she is on at odd hours to catch. WIsh we had more.

Maggie_Sue 08-01-2011 12:44 PM

Thank you for the suggestion just sent an e-mail via the web site!!

SuziC 08-01-2011 12:53 PM

We quilters can do anything!!!!! Just called!

AliKat 08-01-2011 03:25 PM

I was told to contact the local station. I did. I think they are deaf and blind ... oh yeah, and dumb.

ali