Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sick of cutting and sewing 2" squares, what was I thinking (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sick-cutting-sewing-2%22-squares-what-i-thinking-t142342.html)

intoquilting 08-03-2011 10:32 AM

I let a friend talk me into doing a postage stamp quilt using 2" squares. I don't think I will live long enough to finish it. LOL but I need to because I am determined to finish before she does. I am really tired of cutting 2" squares and trying to sew them together without having any 2 of the same fabric. What was I thinking??????? I am putting 16 of them together into a block. Will I ever finish? It remains to be seen.

janell2009 08-03-2011 10:34 AM

what is the size going to be when you are done?

Airwick156 08-03-2011 10:35 AM

Oh good luck to you. I hope that you are able to get it done before she gets hers done. Those are some small squares. I did the 1 1/2" swap TWICE. Don't think I will do that again but it was fun seeing what I got back. :) Good luck to you.

amma 08-03-2011 10:36 AM

We can root you on :D Just think of the beautiful quilt you will have once it is finished :D:D:D

intoquilting 08-03-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by janell2009
what is the size going to be when you are done?

I was thinking 6300 squares but it may end up being a baby quilt. LOL

lovingmama 08-03-2011 10:44 AM

Hang on in there, you can do it.

Whenever I have leftovers, I do cut 2 1/2" squares out. Put them in different containers, do I don't have doubles. I have three stashes.

One for me two for someone else. Eventually I will have more than enough to make a quilt. With this, I don't have to cut all the little squares at once. (Which would drive me crazy!)

But you can do it, imagine your quilt, how pretty it will be, this will inspire you not to give up!

QUILTNMO 08-03-2011 10:54 AM

well i know the feeling my yoyo quilt took 3 yrs to complete

AFQSinc 08-03-2011 11:28 AM

Oh gosh! I am thinking about starting Oh Fransson's Tokyo Subway quilt. 1,600 2 inch squares. I'm getting a little scared.

Your postage stamp quilt is going to be beautiful. I hope that you will post it when you're done. Any chance you might post some progress pics?

sparkys_mom 08-03-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by intoquilting
I let a friend talk me into doing a postage stamp quilt using 2" squares. I don't think I will live long enough to finish it. LOL but I need to because I am determined to finish before she does. I am really tired of cutting 2" squares and trying to sew them together without having any 2 of the same fabric. What was I thinking??????? I am putting 16 of them together into a block. Will I ever finish? It remains to be seen.

Whenever I see a pattern that calls for cutting hundreds of 2" squares I move on to the next page. :?

blueangel 08-03-2011 01:09 PM

I'm sure it will be beautiful when done