Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New from Kansas City (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-kansas-city-t148551.html)

geeblay627e120 08-28-2011 11:47 AM

Well, I've never tried to quilt in my life. I can barely sew. I'm famous for using superglue on hems! But my best friend is a quilter and she has agreed to help me through it and hold my hand all the way. I would love to give it a try. I was going to to start with a little baby size quilt, but my friend insists since I have no use for a baby quilt, I might as well start on a big one I can use on my bed. So that's the plan. As soon as I decide on my pattern and fabrics, I'll send a picture.
In the mean time, this page has been very helpful. I have been able to get good explanations of things I did not understand.
I am 59 years old, female, live in Kansas City, Mo. I work full time, so this project will probably take most of the rest of my life. As a side note, I am a wild bird rehabber. I have a federal license that allows me to take care of abandoned baby birds or injured birds until they are ready to release into the wild. So the only piece of fabric I bought so far has a bird on it.
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to make your acquaintance.
Gloria

quiltingcandy 08-28-2011 12:04 PM

Welcome from So. California!

chairjogger 08-28-2011 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:0)My grandson was bucked off a Mule in Ottawa. So, we spent our vacation in Children's mercy hospital with a broken Femur on an 8 year old. nightmare.
However: There are several wonderful art colleagues in the hospital. one at the Ronald McDonald room, and several at the foyer where one checks in with the guard with picture ID on farthest wall.
odd things from everyone's houses, embedded in some type of maybe "clay?".. cars, keys, old style outside water spigot handles, beads, just stuff we all have in drawers.
Wish I new more about this exhibits on the wall. Just "pictures" Faboulous hospital. Wonderful care given to our Grandson. 17 hour trip home was long. Wheel chair for 4 plus months.
I do love Kansas City. Did not get to see the book binders on the wall of the library's parking garage. Maybe next trip.. and.. no riding horses or mules next time ! Just chase the chickens and goats !

Janet L52 08-28-2011 12:26 PM

Hello Gloria, welcome from northern California! How nice you have a friend willing to help you. There are lots of friendly, helpful people here, too. I hope you will keep us posted on your progress and eventually post a picture!

Monika 08-28-2011 12:31 PM

Hi and welcome from northern CA!! It's good to have a friend to help you along. I am a big believer in just jumping in the deep end, but if you wanted to start smaller to build up your confidence, you could always make a baby blanket and donate it. Just a thought. :)

mhunt1717 08-28-2011 12:50 PM

Welcome from Kentucky!

blueangel 08-28-2011 01:02 PM

Welcome from Kansas

LAB55 08-28-2011 01:10 PM

Hello from Western Mountain Maryland !! :-D

auntpiggylpn 08-28-2011 01:26 PM

Hello from Indiana!

geeblay627e120 08-28-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Hello from Indiana!

I'm a big fan of Indiana...in May! I go every year for Indy 500 qualifications and then back for the race. It is a beautiful state.