Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sheets for Backings $12 90x102 @Target! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sheets-backings-%2412-90x102-%40target-t150203.html)

heyjami 09-03-2011 04:38 PM

Just got back from Target and bought 3 of the Queen flat sheets for $12 each. Perfect for quilt backings! 250-thread 100% cotton.

I realized that I did a great job creating a huge stash of 2 yd or less fabrics but had no good backing options.

I've been to Walmart and other places and this was the best deal hands down. Plus, the fabric is a good quality for the back of my quilts.

Just wanted to let you all know while they're still in stock. Red, Brown, Tan, White, Black colors.

wuv2quilt 09-03-2011 04:45 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes sheets for the backing...and that's a really good deal. Beckie

ontheriver 09-03-2011 04:47 PM

i often use sheets for backing. I buy new and sometimes I find them at the thrift stores. My last quilt is backed with a sheet that was in pristine condition that I paid 1.00 for.

craftybear 09-03-2011 04:54 PM

great tip, thanks

Originally Posted by heyjami
Just got back from Target and bought 3 of the Queen flat sheets for $12 each. Perfect for quilt backings! 250-thread 100% cotton.

I realized that I did a great job creating a huge stash of 2 yd or less fabrics but had no good backing options.

I've been to Walmart and other places and this was the best deal hands down. Plus, the fabric is a good quality for the back of my quilts.

Just wanted to let you all know while they're still in stock. Red, Brown, Tan, White, Black colors.

heyjami 09-03-2011 04:54 PM

Nice steal! $1 is amazing.

Well, I haven't done it yet, but I got the idea here. :-)
Then I went on the hunt and found the right quality for the right price. The colors are perfect for the fronts I have waiting.

Originally Posted by ontheriver
i often use sheets for backing. I buy new and sometimes I find them at the thrift stores. My last quilt is backed with a sheet that was in pristine condition that I paid 1.00 for.

huntannette 09-03-2011 05:01 PM

yeahhhhh Target is finally in Canada

Originally Posted by heyjami

I realizedhat I did a great job creating a huge stash of 2 yd or less fabrics but had no good backing options.

oksewglad 09-03-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver

I found new in package a flannel sheet for $1. Made a warm snuggly quilt-I tell my grands "my Bink"!

Quilter7x 09-03-2011 05:03 PM

I haven't used sheets as a backing before, but I'm definitely going to check these sheets out at Target. How can you go wrong? Thank you very much for sharing. :thumbup:

Maggie_Sue 09-03-2011 05:05 PM

I too will be checking!! Thank you.

emmy 09-03-2011 05:21 PM

Thank you for tip. I could use the black as I'm making a Sudoku for my DS, and was in a quandrey about the backing.