Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quick 'n easy topper for round table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quick-n-easy-topper-round-table-t152152.html)

mom-6 09-11-2011 12:59 PM

Is there a quick and easy topper I can do for a round table?
Maybe one with HSTs? I have a group of scrappy 4 patches that I was thinking of using, but don't really know how to come up with anything that might work.

Beachbound 09-11-2011 01:01 PM

I'm making a double wedding ring table topper with 9 rings. It has taken a couple of weeks but I really like it.

erstan947 09-11-2011 01:03 PM

I also have a round table. A square table cloth looks good. So do the Hex and Octagons. I have a spicy spiral table runner on mine at the moment.

Terre 09-11-2011 01:04 PM

I did one like this for my round table using scrappy 4 patches and then (before I got my curved rulers), used a dinner plate to make wavy edges around it. Did hand quilt it tho.

sandyo 09-11-2011 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a spicy spiral on my round table

Rntraveler 09-11-2011 01:12 PM

That is a neat pattern.... do you mind sharing where you found it? That is if you didn't create it... so much talent on the board.. Thanks for sharing..

katyquilter 09-11-2011 02:30 PM

I recently purchased 2 Stonehenge panels, cut them apart and sewed them back together with some coordinating fabric. It's not round, but has rounded edges. I'll post photos when I get it quilted.

sandyo 09-11-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rntraveler
That is a neat pattern.... do you mind sharing where you found it? That is if you didn't create it... so much talent on the board.. Thanks for sharing..

If you are asking about the spicy spiral there is a pattern available but I just winged it and my husband cut me the ruler, it is a 9 degree.

MTS 09-11-2011 04:46 PM

How big are the 4 patches? How many do you have? And how big is your table (diameter)?

Because you could put triangles between the 4 patches (or double 4patches) blocks and that would create a ring to fit on a round table.

mom-6 09-11-2011 05:19 PM

I sat down this afternoon and started "playing" with my half baked idea of some sort of star thing. It's actually more of a pinwheel/snowflake.
The 4 patches started as 3" squares so they are 5-1/2" blocks. I like the concept of what I was doing but because of the helter skelter way I assembled it I'm somewhat disappointed in the waviness of the results. When you add stuff one 'round' at a time and fit triangles into spaces between it doesn't go on as smoothly as if you did each spoke as a complete section before sewing it together. Imagine that!
Now that I see how it all should fit together I think I can do it one complete 'spoke' at a time and it should work much better. The finished topper should come out nicely and smoothly octagonal.
I may do my next one as strips instead of patches. I think I will like that look better as well.