Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where do you stay on vacation? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-do-you-stay-vacation-t156348.html)

nance-ell 09-27-2011 04:29 PM

Do you always stay at a hotel/motel? Do you look own/rent a time-share? Do you look for individually owned condos/houses? Where do you look to find places at your destination? We've used VRBO.com and Homeaway.com to find condos to rent when we go. We like having that "home away from home" feel and have always had good experiences. I know summer has ended, but it's never too early to be thinking about next year! (Wish we could do polls on here! lol) Just wondering what others do and if anyone knows of any other great sites to find the perfect vacation rental.

athomenow 09-27-2011 04:35 PM

Home! LOL

sewgull 09-27-2011 04:36 PM

Motorhome

Daisygirl 09-27-2011 04:38 PM

Love staying at hotels, the best we can afford.

Dolphyngyrl 09-27-2011 04:40 PM

hotel,timeshare,tent, etc....

May in Jersey 09-27-2011 04:44 PM

It varies, motels and hotels mostly. Family is all grown and have families of their own so it's just DH and I. We don't need a big place as we like to move around our vacation spots. Usually fly somewhere, rent a car and make a big circle around the state or part of the state to see the sights, museums, quilt shops, visit family and friends.

butterflies5518 09-27-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Daisygirl
Love staying at hotels, the best we can afford.

ditto

Sheila_H 09-27-2011 04:48 PM

I research our destination to death I check the prices at various hotels, then bed and breakfasts (can normally find a nice one for same price as hotel or less), VRBO I've used several times.

I've actually never booked things on Expedia or those sites but I use it as a base to see what the hotel rates go on their site for. Then if you go directly to that hotel's website you will find that you can get it for the same rate and you don't have to pay the booking agent fee.

nance-ell 09-27-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
I research our destination to death I check the prices at various hotels, then bed and breakfasts (can normally find a nice one for same price as hotel or less), VRBO I've used several times.

I've actually never booked things on Expedia or those sites but I use it as a base to see what the hotel rates go on their site for. Then if you go directly to that hotel's website you will find that you can get it for the same rate and you don't have to pay the booking agent fee.

I've stayed Bed & Breakfasts when DH and I are traveling alone (I love them and went that avenue a lot when I was single), but when we have DS with us, we opt for condos/houses.

luckylindy333 09-27-2011 04:56 PM

We have someone in Kauai who has a little one bedroom apt. with a kitchenette from whom we have been renting for over ten years. We like to cook our own breakfast and dinner and go out to lunch every day. We started sharing a lunch as everything is so expensive over there, usually the meals are large enough to share (especially an order of fries :oops:) We don't usually eat french fries when we are at home...