Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Mountains of NC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-mountains-nc-t1612.html)

vanessa 07-30-2007 11:37 AM

Just to say hello! I am a new member as of today. This sounds like a wonderful place to be. Quilting is my passion. I do work full time so I don't get to quilt as much as I would like to, but I certainly enjoy it when I do. :wink:

Vanessa

live2teach 07-30-2007 11:44 AM

Hello and welcome Vanessa. We are proud to have you. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask a question here, or to just stop in and say hello. Oh and this IS a wonderful place to be! :D Welcome to the family!

zyxquilts 07-30-2007 02:52 PM

Hi Vanessa! Welcome to the Board. I think many of us have full-time jobs here - whether outside of the home or inside of it! lol But quilting is one of the things that makes working worth while - so I can buy more fabric!! LOL

:D

sue

SandraJennings 07-30-2007 02:55 PM

Welcome Vanessa! We all seem to have the quilting bug here and with no cure in sight.....we usually hide if we see it coming or grab our needles and thimbles and attack! You can chat, question,post answers or pictures and will have lots of friendly response from one and all. Glad you joined us!

Rebecca Chambley 07-31-2007 04:44 AM

Vanessa
I have often gone to the mountains of N C. Beech Mtn,etc. Have done this off and on for several years. I liked to stop at little shops, Lived in Gastonia, (not the mountain area I know). But I loved the Mts. I learned alot through friendly quilters there. And seen some beautiful work. The scattered quilt shops, are such a joy. In fact that was the first place I ever saw a long arm, and was amazed at watching. Glad your here, and welcome. I live in Ga. Travel to Tenn and N C in the fall, Best time of the year, The festivals, the colors and the smells, and oh yes the quilt shops.

mimisharon 07-31-2007 03:03 PM

Hi Vanessa, I live at the beach. Isn't NC a wonderful place to live? We have all the seasons, all the terrains, and we are southern friendly, right?
:lol:

Glad you came on board, we're a fun group of quilters. Hope you get the time to get to know us and join in. We do love our craft!

Happy Quilting,
Sharon

vicki reno 07-31-2007 06:14 PM

Welcome Vanessa. I live in Raleigh but we are remodeling an old farm house in Yancey county. ARe you anywhere near the Burnsville Bee Log area. Welcome to the board. Lots of really sweet people. Everyone has a good time and I have really learned a lot just since I joined.

moe 09-06-2009 02:14 PM

hi see you in N.C. I have a sister lives down there I'm up in Mo.

dvseals 09-06-2009 02:53 PM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

oksewglad 09-06-2009 09:41 PM

Hello and welcome from an Iowa girl :lol: :lol: :lol:
Might get out your way this winter as DS and DDIL are expecting baby #1 in January--they just moved to Charlotte