Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow in October? arrgghhh!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-october-arrgghhh-t164597.html)

QBeth 10-31-2011 05:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Too early, too early!! :!: Trees and limbs down everywhere. Had to chainsaw my car out from under a big limb that fell (car has few more dimples but otherwise okay). I'm mentally prepared for snow to start in November, not October!! Who's with me?! :x

Local road. One that's not blocked.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273849[/ATTACH]

paulswalia 10-31-2011 05:14 AM

boy, you guys really got it!!!!! We only had a couple of inches here in Vermont. Thanks for the photo - guess I won't be going down to NH to camp for leaf raking after all!!

barny 10-31-2011 05:15 AM

That is such a beautiful picture! I know. It's pretty if you are in the south. But it is.

QBeth 10-31-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia
boy, you guys really got it!!!!! We only had a couple of inches here in Vermont. Thanks for the photo - guess I won't be going down to NH to camp for leaf raking after all!!

It's melting, which is a good thing, but despite all the snow and the high wind yesterday, most of the leaves are still on the trees. A lot of the trees in my neighborhood still have green leaves! We have about ten inches of snow.

QBeth 10-31-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by barny
That is such a beautiful picture! I know. It's pretty if you are in the south. But it is.

Yes, it's beautiful, especially when the sun comes out and the background is a bright blue sky. The timing of this storm, so early in the season, is what made it so bad. Its akin to a snow storm in May when the trees are just beginning to leaf out. I'm surprised by the number of roads partially blocked by falling limbs and such.

QuiltnNan 10-31-2011 05:35 AM

it is beautiful and certainly unexpected. it's sad, at the same time, that it was so dangerous to those who lost their lives.

MissSandra 10-31-2011 05:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm glad it was not worse for you, so many effected.
How ever I am happy it was not worse for us living in the rural areas sometimes we loose electricity on a whim.
our back yard as I looked down the treeline along all the other propertys alot of the trees were hanging but i seen no signs of breakage

Our tree line
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273914[/ATTACH]

QBeth 10-31-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I'm glad it was not worse for you, so many effected.
How ever I am happy it was not worse for us living in the rural areas sometimes we loose electricity on a whim.
our back yard as I looked down the treeline along all the other propertys alot of the trees were hanging but i seen no signs of breakage

Did you get the heavy wet snow? Ours was saturated, really bowing down tree limbs and bushes. My lilac, which stands about ten feet tall, was completely bent over but popped back up after I dug it out.

Glad to see, it seems, that you didn't get the breakage!

blondeslave 10-31-2011 05:57 AM

We got a foot of snow and lost power Saturday night. No estimate yet when it will go back on. We do have hot water and a gas cooktop so it could be worse.

mayday 10-31-2011 06:10 AM

sorry for you ,but I do really like it.