Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Michigan, where Spring is on it's way {hopefully}! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-michigan-where-spring-its-way-%7Bhopefully%7D-t16653.html)

MollieSue 02-17-2009 08:09 PM

Hi, just found this site and love it! I just finished reading "Circle of Quilters", by Jennifer Hiaverni, which inspired me to get busy! And to find more of her books!

I'm a long time, on again, off again sewer, have done four 'couch size' quilts, a few doll size ones for my granddaughters, as so far I'm too impatient to do a larger one.

I have four adult children, remarried almost four years ago to a man who has two. Between us we have eight grandchildren. :D One of my dreams is to make each a quilt. I've done small comforter type quilts for each of the grandkids, but someday want to do a 'keepsake' type for each.

I've looked through your BOM posts, and understand they could be made into a full size quilt when 12 are done? Sounds much more do-able to me! All the postive feedback each of you gives is very welcoming too!

Happy Quilting!
Diana :)

Shemjo 02-17-2009 08:19 PM

Welcome, Diana, from St. Louis! This is a great site to get motivated! Take a look at all the pictures posted in that thread and you can see what all these people have been busy with! I haven't done the BOMs yet, but have finished full size quilts, and so can you! :lol:
You will get lots of encouragement, especially if you can show pictures!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lisa T 02-17-2009 08:20 PM

Hi, and welcome aboard! I am from Michigan, too. (Upper Michigan I'm a Yooper!)

There are lots of great quilters on here and everyone is so friendly and will answer your questions quickly.

Good luck with all those quilts! It is totally doable!

MollieSue 02-17-2009 08:23 PM

Thank you Lisa! I am really looking forward to this!

MollieSue 02-17-2009 08:24 PM

Thanks Sharon! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

sharon b 02-17-2009 08:59 PM

Welcome from Northern Indiana ! You will love it here everyone is so GREAT :lol:
Sharon

Shadow Dancer 02-18-2009 12:48 AM

Hello and welcome from Canada :)

coldtoesinmi 02-18-2009 05:29 AM

Welcome from Michigan as well.... I think spring may be on hold from the amount of snow we have gotten in the last 24 hours (: I am just like you I dream of actually doing a full sized quilt. My daughters are 17 (18 in 3 weeks , I keep getting told) and 22. My 22 year old is married. I want to do "keepsakes" as well.

Good Luck and have fun here-

Michelle

pocoellie 02-18-2009 05:42 AM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. As far as 12 being the magic number for a quilt, I would say it would depend on the size of the block first, among other things. But if I can do it, you can, believe me. Lots of talented people on board that will help in any way they can. Go for it!!

LindaR 02-18-2009 06:00 AM

welcome from NE Michigan where it definately is NOT spring...woke up to snow again this am. I know it will come but in its own time. Happy quilting