Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I miss Carol Duvall! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-miss-carol-duvall-t167178.html)

jskbloomers 11-08-2011 08:39 PM

I miss Carol Duvall!

I sure miss Carol Duvall-especially this time of year. I got into crafting because of this wonderful lady and never missed a holiday show. Now all there is on her old network are shows about houses and they all seem to say the same thing. I can't afford to redo a house but I can afford to go through my stash and create! Love the holiday season as it is my excuse to play with textiles....

SandyinZ4 11-08-2011 08:42 PM

Boy, I am right there with you in missing the good shows that used to be on HGTV. Carol Duvall and then right after that Alex Anderson with her quilting show. I was just learning about quilting them and know I would appreciate it more even now. I never watch that channel anymore. Carol had such neat and easy things to make. Oh, for simpilier times.

lorraine43 11-08-2011 08:53 PM

I loved her show too. I wonder what she is doing now!!

mummadee 11-09-2011 04:45 AM

Me too. I used to watch Alex every morning. HGTV used to be my favorite channel, watched it almost exclusively, not anymore. I am not interested in buying a house here or in a foreign country. I do not have an unlimited budget for remodeling or decorating and I'm not renovating. So what's left?

Darlene516 11-09-2011 04:54 AM

I used to watch HGTV all the time. Carol Duvall, Alex Anderson and the other craft shows were great. I never watch it now. How many home repair and real estate buying shows can you watch?

grann of 6 11-09-2011 05:00 AM

You have to realize Carol Duvall must be at least 80 years old now. I used to watch her 15 minute shows on a Detroit TV station when we lived in Mich, way before 1972 (when me moved to PA) so I think she is pretty tired of the TV thing and the time it would take to put a show together. For some reason the powers that be think think the public doesn't craft anymore, or quilt. They don't realize that it is more popular than ever, but more people are working and aren't able to watch these shows during the day. I do wish we could see more of these, though.

Dodee 11-09-2011 05:06 AM

I'm with you gals; I miss Alex Anderson, too, altho' I couldn't stand her laugh, which really needs work on. Carol Duvall, too - guess those days are gone.

Mona Marie 11-09-2011 05:15 AM

I used to watch her also. Wish she was back on.

betty32084 11-09-2011 05:22 AM

her daughter,Tiffany Windsor is still crafting and has a website,

doricu2 11-09-2011 05:27 AM

I always watched these shows on hgtv but now there isnt anything that interest me. maybe if we all emailed them to let them know we are still here and want more quilting and crafting shows they might change it back

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 4655920)
You have to realize Carol Duvall must be at least 80 years old now. I used to watch her 15 minute shows on a Detroit TV station when we lived in Mich, way before 1972 (when me moved to PA) so I think she is pretty tired of the TV thing and the time it would take to put a show together. For some reason the powers that be think think the public doesn't craft anymore, or quilt. They don't realize that it is more popular than ever, but more people are working and aren't able to watch these shows during the day. I do wish we could see more of these, though.