Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New sewing chair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-sewing-chair-t170259.html)

wrobocop 11-29-2011 07:18 AM

New sewing chair

Got an early Christmas present from DH. Went to Office Depot and bought an office chair that actually raises up high enough so I can sew correctly. Goodbye pillows on a chair that I would eventually slide off of. ANd it's comfy too. I ran out to the parking lot to pull the car around to load the chair. GOt in the car and tried to put in the key. It wouldn't go in! Looked up--did not recognize dashboard--who knew there were so many grey cars in the world!
Got out of there fast--now let's see if the chair improves sewing ability!

beckalou 11-29-2011 07:32 AM

Congrats on your new sewing chair. The thing about the car?..............been there, done that.......lol.

We have a grey car too!

Sunnye 11-29-2011 07:42 AM

Congrats on the chair. I too am in the market for one. I actually don't have my back against the back of the chair when I sew. Maybe that's because the chair I am using now is not the one I need (and it's not; it has arms and I don't want any). Anyway, I saw a "task" chair that has a back that actually leans forward! I wonder if I should try that. Any suggestions?

Sunnye 11-29-2011 07:42 AM

Congrats on the chair. I too am in the market for one. I actually don't have my back against the back of the chair when I sew. Maybe that's because the chair I am using now is not the one I need (and it's not; it has arms and I don't want any). Anyway, I saw a "task" chair that has a back that actually leans forward! I wonder if I should try that. Any suggestions?
I have a grey car also!

Caroline S 11-29-2011 07:56 AM

Congrats on your new chair. I believe that a good sewing chair that fits your body is one of the most important sewing aids one can have.

Nancy Ingham 11-29-2011 08:12 AM

Sooooooooo funny about the car, only because it has happened to me!! :D

Did you know that the Amish also use chairs with wheels so that when they are holding their quilting bees they can wheel in easily when shortening the quilt rack to continue quilting toward the center.

Congrats on your new chair!

Jingle 11-29-2011 01:09 PM

So glad for you, I have bought 3 office chairs and they were not comfy and too big for my room. I sew on a wooden stool.
I have a silver silverado truck, I can't believe how popular they are, I have a Jack In Box on antenna and a an Army sticker on mine so I can find it. This is the second truck like this we've had, thought I would have learned the 1st time.

Crlyn 11-29-2011 01:47 PM

Now I would really like to see a pic of your new chair, I have put my order in for a new one for xmas, and I have to do the choosing...........so what is yours like, and have you tried it yet?

charmpacksplus 11-29-2011 02:17 PM

I could use about 4 more of those office chairs around here. I keep moving the one I have from computer to sewing
to quilting frame to table where I sew on the binding. Glad it has wheels :-) About the car, sounds like somebody forgot to lock up. I've tried my keys in several different trunks that didn't belong to me, never was able to open any of them :-)

KerryK 11-29-2011 03:18 PM

I know you will enjoy your new chair!