Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husqvarna, 4D system, 5D system (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husqvarna-4d-system-5d-system-t171938.html)

delores41 12-13-2011 02:18 PM

Husqvarna, 4D system, 5D system

Does anyone who has a HUSQVARNA sewing machine have the 4D or 5D. If so do you have the regular system or the professional. I know the professional is over $2000.00. Regular is about $800.00. Do you like it? Do you use it much? Would you purchase it if you know than what you knew now? Do you have any problems using it and understanding it?

Pinkrose4664 12-13-2011 02:22 PM

Love mine. I have the 4D reg. I am still learning, there is alot that it can do. I am taking a free class offered by Husqvarna next month to help learn.

ValerieD 12-13-2011 04:42 PM

4D husqvarna

I upgraded from the 3D to the 4D regular several months ago and still have a lot to learn about the new software.
I do find it easier to use and look forward to one day retiring, instead of just talking about it so that I can sit down and play with it more. I feel it was well worth the upgrade.

katzak 12-14-2011 05:22 AM

I was able to get 4D Professional at 1/2 price when I purchased my HV Diamond. It's a wonderful program, and I use it to make gifts. The pricing of upgrading to 5D just doesn't fit into my budget, so I'll stay with what I have. The program is complicated, and somethings I have yet to learn, but I love it.

Kat

romanojg 12-14-2011 05:29 AM

I just got the Ruby but havn't gotten the money to get any version yet and I don't see that changing in the near future. I was lucky enough to get the machine on payments so it'll be awhile before I get any software. Right now I'd take any version if I could afford it just to start learning. From what I've heard I'd buy the mid range one; the cheapest one for 5D does very little and I doubt that I could afford the professional level. I've been told what all it can do and I'd love to be able to play.

jeank 12-14-2011 06:08 AM

I have the 3D, my machines are older and this does what I need. It is too expensive for me to upgrade. I just got a new computer and can't get it to recognize the dongle. If I have to put more money into softwear I am going to get Embird. Organizer still works to get the design to the card.

My techie (son) is going to come over and see what he can do.

yellowwroses 12-14-2011 06:15 AM

I have 5D pro and loveit. It also depends on what you want to do with your software. I like to play alot, taking apart, digitizing. If you do not wany yo do yhese things. extra is a great program and has a loy of options that are fun. I also got mine at a very good price with trade in so that is why I have it.
Judy

LTeachergeorge 12-14-2011 06:55 AM

I have the 4D Professional, and love it. I use the cross stitch more than anything else. I'm working on cross-stitched Christmas stockings that are gorgeous. My LQS (Husvarna dealer) offers free guide lessons on a rotating basis, and the girls there are very helpful when I have questions. I'd upgrade to 5D in a minute if it fit into my present budget.

Shorebird 12-14-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by delores41 (Post 4778724)
Does anyone who has a HUSQVARNA sewing machine have the 4D or 5D. If so do you have the regular system or the professional. I know the professional is over $2000.00. Regular is about $800.00. Do you like it? Do you use it much? Would you purchase it if you know than what you knew now? Do you have any problems using it and understanding it?

LOVE MINE...Had 4D Professional and upgraded to 5D when it came out.........it is expensive, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! I am STILL learning new things I can do with it.........

kuntryquilter 12-14-2011 08:16 AM

The first system I bought was the 3D professional, I found that I did not use all of the programs. Therefore I had spent a lot of money for something that I did not need. When I upgraded I got the 4D Extra, it is all I needed. I just recently upgraded to the 5D Extra it only cost me $300 to upgrade & I got to keep my 4D. I think it is worth it.