Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone here watch Storage Wars on A&E?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-here-watch-storage-wars-e-t175206.html)

Nanamoms 01-10-2012 11:35 PM

Anyone here watch Storage Wars on A&E??

Episode on tonight had a sewing armoire that was so neat. Was a full size tall with double doors that opened and had a drop down sewing table with 2 levels to place sewing machine. It also have a bunch of shelves/cubbies in it. The guy who won the unit said it would sell for about $200. Wish I were there, I would have bought it! LOL There was also a portable sewing machine but he didn't unbox it but valued it at $200 (was probably a plastic machine).

I'm just waiting for the day one of the units is opened and there sits a whole bunch of vintage and antique machines!
Right now the show is mainly filmed in CA and then there's the Texas episodes. This is a funny funny show!!

Quiltaddict 01-11-2012 12:17 AM

I have watched the show a lot, but was not home tonight so missed that one. Maybe I will catch it another time.

institches64 01-11-2012 03:24 AM

I love watching that show! Wouldn't that be fun - going around bidding and then rummaging thru?

Yooper32 01-11-2012 04:31 AM

I would only hope that there would NOT be a Dave, if I decided to start bidding on these units. What a hateful character.

athomenow 01-11-2012 05:42 AM

I think it wouldn't have as many viewers if they were all nicey nice. I love this show and American Pickers. There are storage locker auctions around here once a month or so but I would have no way of hauling that stuff or what to do with the stuff you don't want. But it would be an adventure!

sandybeach 01-11-2012 09:14 AM

I actually like "Auction Hunters" with Allen and Ton better. They work as a team and have a great time doing it. You don't get the bickering that you get with Storage Wars. And Allen and Ton have such a wealth of knowledge about so many things, it just boggles my mind. Love those guys.

Mariposa 01-11-2012 09:18 AM

I have watched in a few times. It can get amusing watching those guys~

quiltinggirl 01-11-2012 11:00 AM

I LOVE this show and did watch last night's episode! I would have offerred him $300 if I were there. Would love to know who made it so I could check into buying one just like it. :)

darlenewitt2004 01-11-2012 03:13 PM

My neighbor told me that there is a cabinet like that at a little re-sale shop in our town. The show last night reminded me about it. I think I need to go check it out, it even has a sewing machine in it.

Tink's Mom 01-11-2012 03:33 PM

"YUUUUUPPPP" I love this show...and have just gotten my Mom hooked on it, too...Dad says that she watches it for hours when they have a marathon.
I didn't see all of the show last night...figures that I would miss that part. Will have to catch it in reruns.