Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

Honchey 02-28-2012 05:56 PM

THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL"

1 Attachment(s)
Yippee Aye Yay ,,We have reached the first milestone in this trailride and now it's time for "Show & Tell"...I only have 14 done...There aren't any quilt police around..are there???? :D

janRN 02-28-2012 06:21 PM

Very pretty, Anne!! These weeks have gone by so fast; can't believe we're this far along.
I love the variety of fabrics you're using-bright and cheery.

JeanieG 02-28-2012 07:34 PM

Oh how fun, can't wait to see what everyone has done all in one place! Great job Anne - very colorful, it is going to make a wonderful quilt. I'll photo mine when I finish this weeks blocks. I just happen to put them up on my display wall last week. It makes me so happy to see them up there.

Anael 02-29-2012 01:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a picture of what we've done till this week, so 18 blocks. Do you want me to take another picture of the first 15 blocks?

janRN 02-29-2012 05:39 AM

Beautiful job, Anael. Love your colors. I expecially like the Block 1 with the purple flowers. They're all outstanding.

Anael 02-29-2012 05:44 AM

Thank you Jan!

deranged_damsel 02-29-2012 06:47 AM

oooohhh! PRETTY!!!
i will post mine in a day or two :)

wendiq 02-29-2012 07:47 AM

I have each of my blocks filed separately in plastic sleeves in a binder, so please pardon me if I don't take them apart to photo. I will enjoy seeing what you all have done......just too lazy to pull all mine out to photo....I have done most of them, so far. I only skip the ones with that dreaded "Y seam". I pp and no way do I want to deal with that. This is suppose to be fun....:) so I pick and choose.......

QuiltE 02-29-2012 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 5018588)
I have each of my blocks filed separately in plastic sleeves in a binder, so please pardon me if I don't take them apart to photo. I will enjoy seeing what you all have done......just too lazy to pull all mine out to photo....I have done most of them, so far. I only skip the ones with that dreaded "Y seam". I pp and no way do I want to deal with that. This is suppose to be fun....:) so I pick and choose.......

WendiQ ... Did you know you can still do Y-seams in PPing? I feared them in FWS and then discovered they came together prettty slick. You just sew to the corner and not past it, then twist it around and join to the other side, only coming to the corner (same stitch) as the first seam.

Though I will nudge you to take them out of their sleeves and do the group photo. You'll find it so rewarding for yourself, and help inspire you for your next blocks. (or atleast photo the group with the blocks in the sleeves? (and too, yes, we all want to see them!!!!!!!!!!!)

Honchey and Anael ... Oh so nice to see the grouping. Amazing how the colours are playing together from one block to the other. Both of you have some turquoise and I really like how it's pulling out the subtleties of it in other blocks.

Moi? ... I'm not going to post mine til I have the full grouping ready! All these groups though are going to help inspire me towards some of the fabric choices I'll make in future blocks. (First, I'll finish up my FWS! ..... and get this week's blocks done then later catch up on the earlier blocks)

gardnergal970 02-29-2012 03:27 PM

Wow, seeing all of the blocks together is really neat. I'll get my picture in the morning and post it.

Honchey...do I see a missing apple tree and that's why you have only 15? Just saying....but that came when you were having a multitude of problems with your computer....then you got sick....it sure isn't one to tackle when there are so many distractions!!! There would be a smiley face winking' at you if I knew where to find them. :)