Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   On and off my Innova...By Dmyers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/off-my-innova-dmyers-t183239.html)

dmyers 03-18-2012 11:29 AM

On and off my Innova...By Dmyers

4 Attachment(s)
A fellow QB member asked if I was willing to help finish some of her many quilt tops she has folded in her closet. I was more than happy to help her finish her tops and work within her limited budget. I'm just excited that I get to run my Innova and make someone smile when they get their finished quilts. She sent me four quilts and requested traditional quilting, baptist fan and an allover stipple.

Beautiful quilt tops!

Maureen 03-18-2012 11:31 AM

Nice job both of you

dunster 03-18-2012 11:33 AM

Nice work, both piecing and quilting. For the Baptist fan - do you have the Circle Lord or some other device to make those?

granmalovesyou 03-18-2012 11:45 AM

beautiful quilts and quilting

dmyers 03-18-2012 11:48 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

Dunster, yes I have the CL installed on my Innova. I have the Swirl, Clam Shell, Square Dance, Zig Zag and cross hatching design boards too. Love my CL boards, they're so much fun to use.

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5070793)
Nice work, both piecing and quilting. For the Baptist fan - do you have the Circle Lord or some other device to make those?

LeslieFrost 03-18-2012 12:19 PM

I am clueless about longarming, but I love your client's piecing and your quilting. Love, love, love the Baptist fans!

xsquilter 03-18-2012 01:06 PM

Oh my word, you've both done beautiful work!
Maureen

dunster 03-18-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by dmyers (Post 5070849)
Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

Dunster, yes I have the CL installed on my Innova. I have the Swirl, Clam Shell, Square Dance, Zig Zag and cross hatching design boards too. Love my CL boards, they're so much fun to use.

Thanks for the explanation. The CL is so expensive, but I don't know of another way to get those wonderful fans. I'm hoping that Pantovision will be my next add-on. Maybe if I start quilting for others I can justify getting the CL. I never realized how many add-ons there are for a longarm! Of course I didn't realize how expensive quilting can be as a hobby until I started. I wonder if any of us would start if we realized...???

dmyers 03-18-2012 01:36 PM

Hi Dunster,
I was lucky and found my CL boards used...yes they are a small fortune bought brand new. Maybe you can go that route. Let me know how you like the PV...I tried it out at Roads 2 Ca and it was pretty cool!

I love long arm quilting and wish I could find more tops to keep me busier. I wasn't planning on doing it for others just myself. But since I love it so much and people ask for my services, I can't resist! I have a full time day job so it's just a hobby for myself.
Take care!

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5071024)
Thanks for the explanation. The CL is so expensive, but I don't know of another way to get those wonderful fans. I'm hoping that Pantovision will be my next add-on. Maybe if I start quilting for others I can justify getting the CL. I never realized how many add-ons there are for a longarm! Of course I didn't realize how expensive quilting can be as a hobby until I started. I wonder if any of us would start if we realized...???

Mariposa 03-18-2012 01:41 PM

Both of you have done a super job! Thanks for sharing!