Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What other sites.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-other-sites-t184053.html)

Joy.lynn 03-26-2012 11:33 AM

What other sites....

What other quilting, sewing or craft forums/sites do you check regularily?

cizzors 03-26-2012 04:52 PM

You probably won't get too many answers about other quilting sites-it's taboo here and will earn the poster a slap or sanction.

patricej 03-27-2012 01:11 AM

that is not true. we are well aware that we are not the only quilting site in the world.

simple information sharing is one of our missions.
what members do when they are not here is none of our business.
no one site can be everything. should a person be so inclined i'd be the first to encourage her/him to explore and enjoy as many resources as possible. (naturally, i hope this will be everybody's home base but i am a bit biased. LOL)

however, if somebody posts an advertisement or promotion, it has to go because we don't permit either of those things.

and if somebody posts something hostile to this board, we will naturally delete it. i am always both surprised and amused by any expectation or demand that we should do otherwise. LOL

QuiltingCrazie 03-27-2012 01:58 AM

I browse through Missouri stars quilt shop forum but I like the fact that when you click on a post with a picture in this forum the picture is there. This board is where I have my coffee every morning.....My DH and the monsters can spot this background a mile away LOL

GEMRM 03-27-2012 02:58 AM

This is my main fix for quilting though I do check out sites others post here, whether a pattern, a resource, video or show. But I start here. Love this site.

Joset 03-27-2012 04:40 AM

this is the only site i am on. i really enjoy it and i have learned so much. thanks to all of you

willferg 03-27-2012 06:53 AM

I check a few on Yahoo, but I find the message board system too clunky, so I don't follow much. I also joined Delphi (for free) and follow a few there on a daily basis, as I do this one.

barny 03-27-2012 07:37 AM

I don't follow any but this one. It's enough for me. all the info and beautiful quilts and quilting. Every day, in every way I'm growing. One of these days my grandson is gonna help me get ready to post pics.

lpsewing 03-27-2012 07:54 AM

Although this is my first choice I do also enjoy checking out another site,it is a Yahoo site,membership is needed first
sewitsforsale

Tartan 03-27-2012 07:58 AM

I like to check on www.sewmanyways.com for her recycle/repurpose ideas on Tuesdays. I like to check www.missingfabrics to see if I can help anyone out searching for a fabric I might have in my stash. I check out www.thequiltshow for their quilt gallery and I watched all the free shows on National Quilting Weekend.