Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New to the board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-board-t186328.html)

Bg jones 04-16-2012 05:13 PM

New to the board

Hello everyone,

My name is Brenda and I am totally new to this board and to quilting. I have started me a quilt but I started it last year. I nearly have the quilt top done but I like quilting the backing to it. I am making it for my mom she is 83 yrs. young. I take care of her 24 seven and I love it. We get our hair done together and we go shopping together. She is a real blessing to me. I am married I've been married for 17 years and if I had it to do over again I would stay single lol. I can only do a block quilt but I'm trying to learn other things also. I also go to college my major is medical billing and coding. I was on he deans list last year and didn't even know it until I received my certificate. Well I am so glad to be here and I hope you all are glad Im here also because I love people and animals. I have 3 dogs and a cat. Two of my dogs are just puppies and angel is a tea cup chichuahua an the other is hailey and she is a minature pomerian. They get a long great angel is 7 weeks old and hailey is 5 weeks old. They are the sweetest little things. I also have a saberine husky he has blue eyes and his name is dakota my cat her name is shaloe I love them all. Well I guess I have gave you all enough to read about me. It is very nice to meet you all!:D

Tartan 04-16-2012 07:01 PM

Welcome from Ontaio, Canada.

flhomeschoolmom 04-16-2012 07:07 PM

Welcome from NW Florida!

jaciqltznok 04-16-2012 07:35 PM

welcome from N. OK

Lakeview Quilting 04-16-2012 08:51 PM

Hello Brenda, welcome from Oklahoma!!!

QuiltnNan 04-17-2012 02:40 AM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

SueDor 04-17-2012 03:31 AM

Hi from Ohio! Wow, you have your hands full with animals, mother, and school. Goof thing you quilt so you can destress.

Lori B. 04-17-2012 03:56 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

Judith1005 04-17-2012 05:44 AM

Welcome to the board Brenda. I'm waving hello from Kentucky, (by way of FL originally). Can't wait to see pictures of your quilt. I love quilting with squares. Sometimes you need simple to showcase the prints.

Just to give you an idea on simple squares...Try a DP9 patch block. You sew a row of 3 squares together. Then sew 2 more rows together the same way. Put together. Now you have a nine patch block. You cut the block in half lengthwise. Then you cut the block again width wise. Now you have a new block. (easy) Now you can make any pattern you want. Just put DP9 into the search bar in the top and you will see examples of the quilt. My next baby quilt is going to be a DP9.

Well, welcome to the board.:) Enjoy you stay. lol

lovingmama 04-17-2012 05:46 AM

Welcome to the board Brenda! Sending a warm hello from Ohio!