Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from beautiful Southern Oregon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-beautiful-southern-oregon-t1896.html)

scrappylouisa 08-16-2007 09:42 AM

Hi!! I'm Shirley (scrappylouisa) and I live with my husband, Rich in beautiful Southern Oregon. We have no children.....we do have 1 very spoilt furbaby, Misty. She is part Siamese and is 14 months old.

I've been sewing since I was about 3 years old. My Granny gave me a large needle threaded, material and buttons to sew with while she quilted and made clothes for the family. I went to Quilting Bee's with Granny at her church. Lots of laughs!!! I would quilt with my Granny and Great-Aunt Della while they were quilting. I miss those days. Granny died in 1993. I was the only grandchild that wanted her sewing and quilting treasures. I enjoy just sitting and sifting my hands through the Button Jar that was Granny's. It brings me comfort when I'm missing her so much.

I just finished hand-stitching a Nine-Patch Quilt top. That was Granny's favorite pattern. I need to get it in the frame and finish it soon. I'm not going to quilt it.........just tie it out.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and receiving many tips from everyone.

Shirley

amma 08-16-2007 09:55 AM

Hi Shirley, welcome aboard! You will find (as I have) a great bunch of people here. They are very welcoming, helpful and full of advice and encouragement. Be sure and post pictures, we all love to see what everyone is working on. You are right southern oregon is beautiful, been through there many times. I used to live in Vancouver and we spent a lot of time down there when we wanted to escape the rain, lol.

scrappylouisa 08-16-2007 10:05 AM

Amma,

Thank you for the welcome. I just posted a photo of the Nine-Patch quilt top I recently finished.

Shirley

SandraJennings 08-16-2007 10:09 AM

Welcome, welcome! Grannys are the best! My own got me going with this quilt bug thing...am glad she did. You will find us friendly , helpful and fun! :D

amma 08-16-2007 10:09 AM

Awesome quilt top, I love all the colors in it! Keep the pictures coming!

isnthatodd 08-16-2007 11:19 AM

I just got back from a trip along the Columbia River to Portland and then on up to Seattle. What a beautiful place. We ate dinner at a lodge overlooking the river and it was wonderful.

Feathers 09-17-2009 11:36 AM

Welcome Shirley. I know what you mean about the button jar. My mom and grandmother had a button box that I spent hours playing with when I was little. Glad you joined us.

sewjoyce 09-17-2009 02:24 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!! :D

Kathy Buell 09-17-2009 03:10 PM

Hi, I'm new too. My Granny also taught me to quilt and I always feel her near when I quilt. I really believe that with every stich that I make she is there, I also believe that by her teaching me that some how quilting stiches the genirations together and binds them somehow. Any way, welcome and I look forward to seeing your work.

Jim's Gem 09-17-2009 04:24 PM

Welcome Shirley, from Southern California