Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question - Do any of you have the SewEzi portable sewing table? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-do-any-you-have-sewezi-portable-sewing-table-t191236.html)

quiltingcandy 06-08-2012 07:23 PM

Question - Do any of you have the SewEzi portable sewing table?

I just recently bought a new Viking Topaz 20. My sewing room doesn't have the space to put another desk or table in it. My cutting table actually folds up to become a free standing full length mirror. Love it, but would not work for using a sewing machine. So in looking for a portable style table I found the SewEzi table. It doesn't appear any local store carries it, so thought I would ask if any of you have it and what you think of it. I would definitely need the insert. The table needs to be very sturdy since it is going to hold a rather heavy sewing/embroidery machine.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Suzann 06-09-2012 05:33 AM

I have one that I use with my Bernina and I love it.

sweetana3 06-09-2012 11:58 AM

I have a small sewing room and a Bernina 440QE. I got the table for its size, portablility, and adaptability to other machines. I love it. Now my sewing is at the proper level and there is enough room around it to work easily. If I was free motion quilting the top is slick and the fabric moves easily. It came very very well packed and I put the few parts together easily.

I am so happy I made this decision and have used it every day for weeks. I did go to Paducah to test drive its height and make sure of the size, etc. Bought it there and they shipped to me in two weeks. Good email shipping updates.

SunlitenSmiles 06-10-2012 03:35 AM

my DD has one and loves it !!!

KyKaren1949 06-10-2012 03:52 AM

I have one with two inserts-one for my Janome 6600 and the other for my Featherweight. I LOVE it! They're pricey, but seem to be made really well. I believe every single person in my quilt guild also has one, so they're pretty popular.

sjdal 06-10-2012 06:00 AM

I also have one and love it! I use it with a Bernina 440. I do wish it was a bit shorter. I'm 5'2" with short legs. I solved the height by building a box to set my foot pedal on. I could sew ok, but it was difficult to use the foot pedal to raise my needle.

nana2madmax 06-10-2012 07:41 AM

I have it and I love it! It enables me to sew anywhere, and I take it to all quilting classes. It is the proper height for sewing and prevents back aches. Love that they make an insert to fit your machine so that you have a flat surface.

julia k 06-10-2012 08:26 AM

Know several people who have one and they love them. They take the tables to sewing and quilting retreats. It is on my wish list.

Arcy 06-10-2012 08:32 AM

I first saw the SewEzi table at a quilting workshop a couple of years ago. Came right home and ordered it online. It has been great! My sewing space is limited and the SewEzi is both portable and affordable and has a small footprint. I have two inserts, one for the Bernina and one for the Juki. No wobble with the Juki doing FMQ.
This table is sturdy and easy to put together. It should serve your needs well.

feffertim 06-10-2012 08:44 AM

you might check out the sew perfect tables. I have one and I love it because it is so sturdy, and the height is adjustable so it fits me perfectly. Prices are very reasonable too.