Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Breast Cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/breast-cancer-t201990.html)

Dianne10 10-01-2012 04:27 AM

Breast Cancer

Remember Oct is breast cancer awareness month.
Please remember to get mamograms. I am a one year
and 6 month survivor.

KalamaQuilts 10-01-2012 04:54 AM

I'm a 'stubby and stretch' girl, still here, the 12th is my one year anniversary of the surgery.
Had my annual mammo a few weeks ago and it came back clear.

We are very fortunate, breast cancer is one of the very few we can have tests for, most of the rest of the cancers are found when symptoms become critical... If cost is a barrier check with the komen foundation, they pay for millions of them every year.

Please don't resent all the pink ribbons on everything. I know they can be overwhelming, but the good they've done is immeasurable...and it could easily be You wearing one one day...

Tartan 10-01-2012 05:44 AM

I got my mamo last year and I am waiting for the new digital machine for my next one. A very important part of my yearly check-up. I don't do it for me but for all my loved ones that depend on me to be there.

Greenheron 10-01-2012 12:43 PM

Approaching 5 year survival. Don't let the minor discomforts of mammograms keep you away. Self-exam showed nothing but mammogram caught the spot early.

fmhall2 10-01-2012 12:50 PM

This month I become a 13 year survivor. In response to what Greenheron said, after mine was diagnosed with the Mammogram, my doctor made the comment, "I know right where it is, but still can't feel it. So please don't rely on self examination only. If my doctor couldn't find it, I know I wouldn't be able to.

fatquarters 10-01-2012 01:16 PM

Wow, congrats to all the strong gals on here. Funny this post just came up, I am going for my mamo on 2 hours, and am dreading it, but you gals have reminded me to suck up up and just get it done!

misspriss 10-01-2012 02:11 PM

Congratulations. It is a great feeling to know yu are cancer free. I am 5 years out of colon cancer.
The "mamo's" arent too bad anymore. I, too, get one on the first available day of the new year.

CarolinePaj 10-01-2012 03:52 PM

Hugs and love to all the survivors out there.... over here in the UK we do not get mamo's until we are over 50 and then we only get one every three years.

Some great advice that I read with a smile.....

""""" Go and get your mammys grammed """"""!!!!!

Hugs to all

Caroline

batik queen 10-02-2012 05:15 AM

Thanks for reminding everyone how important it is to make time for your annual mammogram. I am also one year and six month survivor. I am so thankful for early detection.

AUQuilter 10-02-2012 05:42 AM

I am so thankful that our medical system recognizes early detection as one of the key compenents in battling breast cancer. My insurance company has an online system where you can set up an alarm email they send to you reminding you to get the appointment. As I shared in the personal section here on the QB, a family member was recently diagnosed with BC after having her annual exam. She had been diligent in having the annual mammogram and they caught this vigorously growing cancer. So don't let these slide ladies.