Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What to make with this fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-make-fabric-t212174.html)

appliquequiltdesigns 01-27-2013 11:35 AM

What to make with this fabric

2 Attachment(s)
What would be a good pattern to use for a baby quilt using these two fabrics. I have 1/2 yard of the second fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391138[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]391140[/ATTACH]

cat-on-a-mac 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

maybe some wonky log cabins? Like this one from our quilt gallery: click here

Chasing Hawk 01-27-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac (Post 5818038)

What a great idea!

And such cute fabric Janie, where did you get it at?

faykilgore 01-27-2013 11:47 AM

Fun fabric! The top fabric is already framed. Personally, I would find a block that the second fabric would fit into if you fussy cut the giraffes, such as snowball, or one of the stars. Six printed blocks with six pieced blocks. Sashing between of dark green or orange. Cornerstones could be four-patches or pinwheels, or put those around it as the border. Lots of fun options! Hope you post what you decide to do.

QM 01-27-2013 11:48 AM

Fun fabric! Same general idea. I would make scrappy blocks around the fussy cut centers.

the first I would alternate with a pieced block.

appliquequiltdesigns 01-27-2013 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac (Post 5818038)

I laughed when I saw your link. That wonky log cabin quilt is one that I made. The only problem is that I only have 6 large sqaures

appliquequiltdesigns 01-27-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5818047)
What a great idea!

And such cute fabric Janie, where did you get it at?

I bought it at Rosie's Calico Cupboard in San Diego, Ca. The info on the fabric says "world of Susybee for Hamil Textiles.

Judylee2 01-27-2013 12:24 PM

I think that I would use 3 blocks in each quilt and then fussy cut and frame the other blocks. LOL Build Your Own times 2.

QuiltE 01-27-2013 01:16 PM

I'd FC the second fabric to the same size of blocks as in the first and cut on the blocks from the first. Then use them all in a quilt.

Lots of options as to what you could do .... variations of log cabins, courthouse steps, rail fence, warm wishes, attic windows, frames .... and so many more possibilities. Would make for such a cute and FUN quilt!

cat-on-a-mac 01-27-2013 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns (Post 5818094)
I laughed when I saw your link. That wonky log cabin quilt is one that I made. The only problem is that I only have 6 large sqaures

LOL!!! I didn't even look to see who had made that one How funny!

You could fussy cut around the giraffes in your second piece to make more squares ... If you do wonky, they don't all have to start the same size.