Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting cruise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-cruise-t214737.html)

Mrs Mike 02-24-2013 10:38 AM

quilting cruise

Can anyone tell me if quilting cruises were fun . I have an opportunity to go on one, and would just like some input from anyone who has gone on one.

Smg1678 02-24-2013 10:46 AM

I have never heard of them but that sounds like ALOT OF FUN.

Tartan 02-24-2013 10:51 AM

They sound like a ton of fun!........unless you get sea sick on a lake like me.

BellaBoo 02-24-2013 10:51 AM

A group of my guild members go together on several cruises a year. They have a great time. I know they have one scheduled for Ireland with Bonnie Hunter this year and another before that.

wolph33 02-24-2013 11:05 AM

they sound like a lot of fun-but way out of my budget.if you have the money -go for it.

Mrs Mike 02-24-2013 11:11 AM

This cruise is an 8 day cruise to Alaska with Bonnie Hunter. My girlfriend are going to reserve the trip next week. I am looking forward to it.

GrandmaPeggy 02-24-2013 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Mike (Post 5885036)
This cruise is an 8 day cruise to Alaska with Bonnie Hunter. My girlfriend are going to reserve the trip next week. I am looking forward to it.

I don't know about quilting on a cruise, but you will love the cruise to Alaska. We did the Alaska Cruise for our 45th anniversary and I had enough down time to have participated in something like a quilting class. Sometimes, we had a day on the sea, so there was plendy of time. I had just discovered quilting when we went, so I only brought home a little bit of fabric. I wish I had gotten more. :)

Grandma of 6 02-24-2013 01:39 PM

I'll be waiting for more information on this. It sounds heavenly. Please share more :)

SuzieQuilts 02-24-2013 03:03 PM

I have never been on a cruise, quilting or otherwise, but two sisters from our guild went on one last year, and found that the sewing got in the way of cruising. The was a lot of other fun things they wanted to do on the cruise, and was not able to because of their quilting class.

Jan in FL 02-24-2013 03:22 PM

I go on Alaska cruises every spring. I have priced the quilt cruises and IMHO they are way overpriced. I will say upfront that the one with Bonnie Hunter almost swayed me. If I went on one, it would be with her. However, I opt to spend the money on fabrics and quilt kits, etc., in each port. I would hate to be locked down on sea days or port days but would feel obligated after paying for the quilt portion. In fact, today I just completed a quilt top that I bought last year in Ketchikan at Silver Thimbles Quilt Shop. I told my DH that the entire time I was piecing the quilt, I was thinking about our trip last year. It was wonderful to think about while I was sewing. I will take quilting classes when there are not so many other winderful things to do.