Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Heat and Bond Featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/heat-bond-featherweight-t216655.html)

Tartan 03-17-2013 06:37 PM

Heat and Bond Featherweight

I am having trouble getting Wonderunder so I thought I would try the Heat and Bond Featherweight. I followed the directions for fusing but I am not loving it! The edges fuzz up as I use my buttonhole stitch and some of the little edges on my applique lift. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how to works? or not works in my case. Thank goodness I didn't try to use it on something important. It isn't cheap either at $8 a meter and it's only 22 inches wide. I have heard of Misty Fuse but so far I haven't been able to find it.

lynnie 03-17-2013 06:59 PM

I only use the revular. Its hard to get here too. Joanns isnt carrying it anymore. No one knew why. I went to walmart and got ten yrds of it, ut they only had heavy duty. If joanns is still carrying it, someone let me know. At walmart it waz 1.00/ yd.

JoyQuilter 03-17-2013 07:19 PM

I only use Steam-A-Seam. It comes in9x12 inch sheets, 5 to a package sold at JoAnne's. It comes in a heavy weight bonded to a paper back that is realeased with pressing. The paper then can be used as an ironing board cover or pressing sheet. The lite steam-a-seam2 is sold in packages and is sticky so it can be repositioned dozens of times until it's perfect. It has two pieces of paper,one on either side which protect it from sticking to itself and other surfaces. It is also sewable without gumming the needle but I have found than the bond is very tight if pressed according to directions (with a press cloth dampened with a water spray). I know women in my quilt quild use it for applique on their quilts. I'm currently using mine for a 90 x 90 inch wallhanging. I buy it off the roll. It is about 16 inches wide and is about 5 or 6 dollars a yard. I have a devil of a time trying to remove a pressed piece and can only do so if I just lightly touched it with an iron.

romanojg 03-18-2013 04:05 AM

I like Steam a seam lite; great for applique.

Jackie Spencer 03-18-2013 04:10 AM

I use Lt. Steam a Seam II, I use alot of it, so my LQS owner will order a whole box for me and then gives me a discount, so it cost less than if I bought it by the yard.

Prism99 03-18-2013 09:09 AM

The only place I have found MistyFuse is online. I purchased mine on Amazon, but it is on eBay as well.

sewincircles 03-18-2013 09:10 AM

Try overstock.com for Wonderunder, I just bought another bolt this weekend

reginalovesfabric 03-18-2013 10:32 AM

I use steam a seam lite and I buy it by the roll on ebay

ewecansew 03-18-2013 08:21 PM

I have tried the Heat and Bond featherweight, but prefer the Heat and Bond lite. I have also used the Steam a Seam Lite and Misty Fuse, but seem to back to Heat and Bond Lite.

gotta-sew 03-18-2013 09:36 PM

I like the Heat and Bond Feather lite.