Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 05-11-2013 10:06 AM

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

1 Attachment(s)
The flowers of true friendship never fade.
Friends give a heartful of happiness.
Plant seeds of kindness -- gather friends.
If friends were flowers I'd pick you.
It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
Friends like flowers, give pleasure. Just by being.

This winter this fabric was sitting in my stash, and begged to be shared with Fabric Friends, inspired by the verses on the fabric (above). So I chopped it into FQs and secretly sent them off to QB friends with this explanation ...

"What you do with this FQ is up to you. You may add it to your stash or re-gift it. Although, I do hope that you will make something for yourself. It does not have to be a quilt, wall hanging, etc. Anything!!! Be creative. Be original. Or keep with your tried and true, go-to favourites! It'll be fun to see the colour mix and matches that are created, the unique uses, and the different spins that result!"

When Fabric Friends start with ... One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity! can result, and thus what this thread is all about ... to showcase the different looks, the same FQ can take on. And too, perhaps it will inspire you towards new FQ creations of your own.

Here's the Virgin Fabric where it all began ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412847[/ATTACH]
Selvage Info: True Friends Collection by Nancy Halvorsen for Benartex www.Benartex.com 100% Cotton Screen Prints Style 802 (followed by nine colour dots)

JenniePenny 05-11-2013 10:22 AM

Very pretty fabric and great gift of friendships formed. I look forward to seeing what has been made.

QuiltE 05-11-2013 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a start of mine ... Friendship Blocks ... before being sent out to the same group to "adorn".
I wonder what they will become, later? :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412856[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-11-2013 10:49 AM

QuiltE, I just pulled the enveloppe with your Friendship block out of a pile of papers. So I didn't start yet but I will very very soon :)
I used some of your fabrics for Isa's quilt but didn't take a picture of the block. I still have fabric left so I have to get my behind in gear and do something :D

QuiltE 05-11-2013 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6058034)
QuiltE, I just pulled the enveloppe with your Friendship block out of a pile of papers. So I didn't start yet but I will very very soon :)
I used some of your fabrics for Isa's quilt but didn't take a picture of the block. I still have fabric left so I have to get my behind in gear and do something :D

**tightens on Anael's thinking cap**

Hope Bram got my IsaBram block, so that there's a piece in each of the SewGrand's quilts! :D

I bet you'll come up with something creative for both my/your block .... and your own project! :)

carriem 05-11-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made 5 blocks with mine. Three are in this table runner....still needs to be quilted/bound. The other two will become a bag.

works4me 05-11-2013 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for such a great idea QuiltE.

I was completely lost for ideas until I went through my craft folder on the computer. There was a design I had wanted to make for a while and this seemed the perfect time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412873[/ATTACH]
This is my friendship tree. It is fused and ready for me to hand applique.

DogHouseMom 05-11-2013 12:07 PM

CarrieM - beautiful table runner! I love the colors together!!

Works4Me - Perfect choice for the project! Lovely tree!!

bearisgray 05-11-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6058112)
Thank you for such a great idea QuiltE.

I was completely lost for ideas until I went through my craft folder on the computer. There was a design I had wanted to make for a while and this seemed the perfect time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412873[/ATTACH]
This is my friendship tree. It is fused and ready for me to hand applique.

That is beautiful.

dublb 05-11-2013 12:24 PM

QE I have found a pattern but if I git my "new" house everythin' will be put on the back burner! LOL :)