Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   love my new going to class machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-my-new-going-class-machine-t222907.html)

feffertim 06-03-2013 09:59 AM

love my new going to class machine

I have two excellent machines, a Janome and a Viking, but they are both so heavy to take to classes so I have been looking for an inexpensive light weight machine for a while. I finally bought the Brother PC 420 PRW. It is a limited edition, (PRW stands for project runway ). I was skeptical to say the least, and had almost decided to return it, but I opened the box and started playing and boy I was so impressed with this machine. It sews beautifully, has an automatic needle threader that works better than the ones on my high end machines, it has a knee lift, a thread cutter, and comes with a walking and quilting foot included. I am in love with this machine and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good machine to take to classes. I found it on line at Walmart for $399, more expensive on some of the other on line stores. I am doing a happy dance. The 1/4 inch seams are perfect, something I usually struggle with. You can see a video of it on youtube. The manual is excellent, has many many stitches, and is a great buy in my opinion.

delma_paulk 06-03-2013 11:08 AM

I have a Bother that has been a hard worker for several years now! Love them. Even a class I went to decided to buy these for classes.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

delma

quilterCDN 06-03-2013 11:42 AM

Have fun with your new toy!

Jingle 06-03-2013 01:29 PM

In a lot of cases the cheaper machines will be at least as good as the high end. I also have thought of buying a lower end Brother. I have heard so many good things about them.

trennag 06-03-2013 03:56 PM

I have a brother sq9000 that I use for classes and love it! I used it for almost 5 years as my main machine and it never complained! I was thinking of trading it but I love it too much!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-03-2013 03:59 PM

I've made many quilts and clothes on a cheapie Walmart Brother. I love that machine.

Stitchnripper 06-03-2013 04:33 PM

Count me in as a lover of lower end Brother machines. I have one at home and one at each of my son's. They are all different models but they all work great and are not at all fussy.

Dolphyngyrl 06-03-2013 08:37 PM

Love my brother SQ-9050 it is awesome. I actually like it alot better than the bernina 550QE I sewed on in january. Have always loved my low end and high end brothers

jemma 06-05-2013 07:29 PM

my daughter is very happy with her little brother---i am thinking of getting one for workshops

Rose Marie 06-06-2013 05:41 AM

I have a couple of Brothers and no problems and they were cheap.
Bought a small Brother Embroidery machine with a 4 in embroidery area. It does all I want it for and it only cost 300 dollars.
Great machines.