Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I absolutly LOVE my FW. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-absolutly-love-my-fw-t229418.html)

StephT 09-03-2013 08:49 PM

I absolutly LOVE my FW.

2 Attachment(s)
My Daughter who is 15 has been staying at her dads the last three weeks. She texted me and asked if I would buy a bag like her older sister. So I asked her to send me a picture of it. Well it is a Messenger bag. I told her to have her sister take her to the fabric store and pick out some fabric and I will make one.

Well my Daughter got home Monday and her first day of school is Wed (only the 7th graders went to school today..she is 8th grade)

So I spent all day making her bag. I started sewing it on my 2 year old Janome and was having tension issues. So I tore that machine apart and cleaned it all up and got out my FW. WOW...not a complaint when I sewed over lots of layers and stiff interfacing.

My poor Janome when I was making my oldest daughter a bag, broke her needle. That is what I think contributed to the tension issues. But My FW didn't even notice..LOL I am so loving this machine.

Monroe 09-03-2013 09:05 PM

Great bag! Did you use a pattern or just "wing it"?

mighty 09-03-2013 10:03 PM

Awesome bag!!!

nanna-up-north 09-04-2013 04:39 AM

Yep, those FWs just sew, sew, sew. About the only thing I use my fancy Viking for is to patch pants.... because of the free arm, not because it sews better cause, it doesn't. I really need to think about a free arm FW but they are so expensive.... but not as expensive as the fancy Viking.... Hmmm!!

Oh, almost forgot to mention...... really cute bag. Your daughter will love it.

StephT 09-04-2013 05:57 AM

I drafted the pattern up after my daughter sent me the pictures. I love sewing bags..

shrabar 09-05-2013 03:18 PM

I absolutly LOVE my FW.

Originally Posted by StephT (Post 6272753)
My Daughter who is 15 has been staying at her dads the last three weeks. She texted me and asked if I would buy a bag like her older sister. So I asked her to send me a picture of it. Well it is a Messenger bag. I told her to have her sister take her to the fabric store and pick out some fabric and I will make one.

Well my Daughter got home Monday and her first day of school is Wed (only the 7th graders went to school today..she is 8th grade)

So I spent all day making her bag. I started sewing it on my 2 year old Janome and was having tension issues. So I tore that machine apart and cleaned it all up and got out my FW. WOW...not a complaint when I sewed over lots of layers and stiff interfacing.

My poor Janome when I was making my oldest daughter a bag, broke her needle. That is what I think contributed to the tension issues. But My FW didn't even notice..LOL I am so loving this machine.

what is FW???????

GEMRM 09-05-2013 04:13 PM

Feather weight (Singer sewing machine made them) - a classic that many (including me) are addicted to!

purplefiend 09-05-2013 06:35 PM

I made a mid-wale corduroy shirt with my Featherweight, she did it with no problems at all. I only used my Bernina for zig zagging the raw edges.
Sharon

amyjo 09-05-2013 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what one looks like--[ATTACH=CONFIG]434343[/ATTACH]you can get them in black, celery green/white and one I saw was lt beige.

Mariposa 09-05-2013 08:27 PM

Terrific bag! Glad you are having fun with your FW!