Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "sye" spike your english bom...november (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-november-t233899.html)

Honchey 11-03-2013 07:55 AM

The "sye" spike your english bom...november

4 Attachment(s)
Okay Ladies, I've decided to post Mirabelle's instructions here so that you won't have to do any additional searching for them...I will have to add Loosey Goosey Figures ..I found they are incorrect...

Now it's also time to post your photos of "Loosey Goosey"

Photos of Tiger Stripes to be posted after the 15th...This is a short month...

Now, let's see some pretty blocks!!!

nygal 11-03-2013 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444707[/ATTACH]Here is mine. I am using Batiks from my stash. I am all caught up on the website with all they have shown. I am anxiously waiting for the next one! The waiting is driving me nuts!:D

Honchey 11-03-2013 10:44 AM

nygal, very pretty block, unfortunately for you the wait will be longer...There will not be any blocks posted here for December..We'll be starting up again January 2014...

nygal 11-03-2013 12:53 PM

Ok thanks for telling me. I'll just keep up with the website where we are getting them from and work on them from there but wait until the right time to post my pictures here on the threads. Thank you.

janRN 11-03-2013 02:37 PM

Great block, nygal--love the "tiger" print. I'm also using my batik stash. I'm finding that sometimes the pieces are so small that the print seems to blend into one another. It's almost like I have to fussy cut to get the correct color placement. Anxious to see what everyone else has done.

candi 11-03-2013 02:53 PM

Nygal, love your block. Very pretty.

I have my wedges PPed for this block but need to put them together. Hopefully in the next couple of days..sew much to do, sew little time haha.

nygal 11-03-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6384891)
I'm finding that sometimes the pieces are so small that the print seems to blend into one another.

I agree!! On my block above I thought that batik yellow with the blue dots would be a good contract next to the tiger print...it wasn't! But it was not worth it to rip it all out. I still like it.

Honchey 11-03-2013 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Hopefully this photo of the instructions will be moved to join the other instructions posted in the original thread

mirabelle 11-03-2013 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful block Nygal, I have a box full of batiks but for some reason can't bring myself to cut into them:D

Here is my block 5, will post all my blocks together at the end of the month.

dublb 11-03-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6384405)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444707[/ATTACH]Here is mine. I am using Batiks from my stash. I am all caught up on the website with all they have shown. I am anxiously waiting for the next one! The waiting is driving me nuts!:D

WOW! It's wonderful!!!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6384986)
Beautiful block Nygal, I have a box full of batiks but for some reason can't bring myself to cut into them:D

Here is my block 5, will post all my blocks together at the end of the month.

I just looooove it!:thumbup: